My Birthday Agenda

The kids have been asking me the plan for my 52nd birthday.

I've been pondering.

I share my birthday with Jesus's birthday-eve, so that's pretty great. And my birthday falls on a Sunday this year, also pretty great.


Kevin gave me my birthday gift early.
It hangs above my desk.
I see a lot of symbolism in this print.
But what I love most is I picture myself in the painting, although you can't see me, I'm looking at that lamb stuck in grief, or disappointment, or anger, or just simply lost, and I'm pointing--telling him or her to turn around and see Jesus. 
He's right there, and He wants more than anything to help.
He's helped me through my most difficult days and been with me in my happiest.
I love Him.

Okay, back to my 52nd birthday.

Kids, here's the plan:

11:30-12:30 Worshipping Jesus in Sacrament Meeting - you're all invited to join me,
including any of you reading this blog. 
Email me, beckybeck@whatmatterswithbeckybeck.com, I'll send you the address and save you a seat.

After church: Binge sleep/watch The Chosen in the basement under my Papa Tom blanket

4:00 My traditional birthday dinner, been having it since I was born, practically.

Ham
Crunchy Potatoes
Schmidt's Rolls
Fresh fruit
Mom--would you bring a 7 layer salad
Jenna--would you bring your delicious pasta salad

Already asked Emmy to bring cheesecake for dessert.


7th birthday


10th birthday


On our 10th birthday Grandma Emmy took us to lunch and on a shopping spree to celebrate entering the double digits.
I looked forward to it for years and wore my best coat to celebrate.

Look who joined us for my 16th birthday...


The first of many more birthday cheesecakes Kev has shared with me.
Of course my mother is not in the picture, since she was taking the picture. That’s what we moms do. Uncle Alex is by Kevin.
Natalie, Rick, Kim and dad on the left.
Cousin Tiffani in my lap.
Tricia’s on the right.
And my beautiful grandma Moon and grandpa Moon were there too. I miss celebrating birthdays with them in Malad. 
Those were the days.



Driving home from Malad Christmas Eve nights were also magical. 
We’d stay an hour or two past dark before packing tired kids in the car. Kev turned on the Christmas music as we’d slowly drive up the lane and past grandma and grandpa’s house with all the beautiful Christmas lights. 
The kids were asleep by the time we got to the “Welcome to Utah” sign. 
For the next two hours Kev and I held hands, talked about life, or just listened to the Carpenters, Bing Crosby, and Alabama sing the songs of Christmas. 
Janie and Lilly came along after that tradition ended, but going to Malad to visit Baby Kevin’s grave during the holidays has had its magical moments too. We are headed there next week ❤️.


And speaking of birthdays, today is my Grandma Moon's birthday!
She'd be 90 something.
She's been in heaven now for over 19 years.
So grateful for my many memories of her.


Alright, back to the agenda:

After dinner:
White Elephant BINGO - make sure to bring gifts (no junk)

Garren has volunteered to be the caller.
Garren is our game master.

These Royal BINGO calling cards are what I use for Becky's BINGO and they make our speed rounds much faster...


And these are the cards and markers I have...



Looking for some other fun family gift ideas? 
Here are a few of Garren's favorites:




To finish the night, who ever is still here is welcome to join me in watching my favorite Christmas show of all time, Mr Kruger's Christmas.

The manger scene is my favorite.

Jimmy, Jesus is my oldest and dearest friend too.

 

Popular Posts