We Choose Plan A...and Amy's Cupcakes :)

The other night I was reading my cousin Nikki's blog. She told about a talk she'd heard at Time Out For Women. The speaker told of how we often make a plan A and if that doesn't work we go to plan B or C and so on. Then she pointed out that the only plan that matters is Plan A--our Heavenly Father's plan for me and my family. I've been thinking about that and how true it is. When I think back on the past week and a half, I have been sorting out all the possible scenarios of what could happen with our baby. I think I'd worked out at least 4 different plans, trying to prepare for whatever comes. The same night I read Nikki's blog I also received an email from my dear friend Daryl (you know who she is if you follow my other blog :) she quoted a scripture in her email that I love and was grateful to be reminded of.
Doctrine and Covenants 123:17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
I tend to try and figure things out and make a plan as quickly as possible so I think the challenge for me is to stand still, with an assurance that God's arm will be revealed--in His time, not mine. Monday, the information the Dr gave us led us to believe one thing. Then Thursday the test results told otherwise. I am realizing that it's okay if we don't know exactly what is going on with this baby. Our only job is to continue to have faith and put our trust in our Heavenly Father.
Another scripture Kevin reminded me of was Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

Best part of our day...

Coming home to find Amy Roper's cupcakes on our porch! She made 9 people very happy tonight! :) Thanks Amy!

PS...We made it 1 more week! 21 weeks and counting!

Comments

Natalie said…
LOVE IT ALL...Every word written and the new look! Faith and trust WILL work miracles!
Kimmy said…
Totally agree with Natalie. And plan A is sooo good. Love that. And, YAY for 21 weeks!
Josh and Juli said…
What inspirational words to live by. We will continue to pray for you to be able to feel overwhelmed by the spirit as you trust in whatever the Lord has in store for you.
Amy Roper said…
You have such a great attitude that is so inspiring! Cute littlte Gracie made an effort to come and tell me thanks for the treat! She is such a cutie! Glad you liked them.

Popular Posts