Matilda Loves Lettuce
Big news for this lettuce lover!
We were all very surprised to learn miss Lilly got the lead in her school musical!
Thanks to her very traumatic experience trying out for last year's musical, she learned from her mistakes, made some adjustments, and practiced her little heart out so she'd be prepared to try out for Matilda's mother.
And then they cast her as Matilda instead.
I was also very surprised to learn she loves shredded iceberg lettuce. Which is why she was happy to take home the left overs from the neighborhood Christmas party.
A couple of weeks ago we were asked to do a family home evening at the nursing home by our house.
Kev and I used to do these with several of the kids.
Kev would conduct. The girls would play their violins, the boys would give talks.
I hardly had to do anything.
The day before we were scheduled to do it I realized it would be just me and Lilly.
Ugh.
I'd have to fill most of the time.
I ended up adding slides and songs to an old Christmas talk I've given and it all worked out.
Lilly led the music.
She also wore her favorite shoes, hand-me-downs from Mama Jan.
While we were waiting for the meeting to start, Lilly turns to me and whispers, "I'm wearing the same shoes as most of the people here." 😂😂 She totally was.
I also asked two of my young women to help--Sidney played the violin, Gia gave the closing prayer. I have no picture of Gia, but here's one from our YW Christmas kick off. She cracks me up!
She was thrilled to get the tutu when we played white elephant BINGO.
Here's a few more from our fun night!





