The Kevin and Becky Beck Family Begins



Yesterday was the best day.
Kevin picked me up at 8:45 and we drove to the Salt Lake temple.
It felt like we were just going out, like we always do.
We made small talk on the drive...
Kevin would say things like, "I heard you're getting married today."
We eventually found ourselves ready and waiting together in the celestial room of the temple.
It was so strange to think we were there to get married.  We've worked, hoped and planned for this day for so long.  We've been together for 5 1/2 years.
After almost 30 minutes it was our turn, and as we walked into the sealing room I heard my Grandma Emmy gasp right out loud when she saw us.  It was pretty cute.  She's one of our biggest supporters.  She even wrote Kevin while he was on his mission.



Kevin looked so handsome.
As we knelt across the alter from each other I felt so much love for him and so grateful to be able to be his wife.
My great uncle Wayne Beck married us, which was kind of funny.  Those who didn't know him assumed he was related to Kevin.
Uncle Wayne talked about how important the woman's role is in a marriage and how a husband is to teach the children to respect their mother.  He told Kevin it is his responsibility to keep the house clean and to set an example by picking up after himself.  He talked of how important the marriage sealing ordinance is.  Our marriage is not just valid in this life but we are sealed together and to Christ forever.
I wondered if I'd cry during the ceremony.
I almost did.
I've never felt so happy.
Kevin just kept looking at me with that look that only he can give.



My dad made the comment that he'd never seen us kiss so much.
We've never been much for PDA.



The weather held up and the cloud cover was perfect for pictures.



















We had our wedding luncheon at the Riverboat in Taylorsville.
We were joined by lots of friends and family.





After the luncheon we went grocery shopping for our honeymoon.
As we walked down the soup isle I grabbed Kevin's butt for the first time, ever.
That was pretty great.
Maybe that's TMI for the family blog, but I do want my kids and grand kids to know that Kevin and I were serious about being worthy to be sealed in the temple.  We set boundaries in our physical relationship and stuck to them.  I know we'll never regret that.

Our reception was at a nearby church.
My dad built the arch and my family did a great job of decorating.
My sister Tricia got married last month and they decorated completely different for her.
With all the decorations they've made and accumulated they could start a wedding business.



My mom made the bridesmaid dresses.
And to her credit, I don't know how she pulled off two weddings a month apart.
I was so busy with school that most of it was left to her.



My closest friends were there to help and support me.
Marci and I have been best friends since the 4th grade.



I met Becky Smith in High School while working at the Flower Patch.
I love her and she has the best name :)



Shelley was my roommate at Ricks College.
We have so much in common and became best friends immediately.
I met Christina while working at the Golden Spoon.  She is one of the kindest people I've ever met and she helped me get the job at the Flower Patch.
Marilee was also my roommate and good friend at Ricks College.  She is so organized and driven.  She's always serving someone.  She set the best example for me.





The night before the wedding Becky and Christina came over and we worked for hours on the wedding flowers.
I made my bouquet and we all worked on centerpieces, boutonnieres, corsages and bridesmaid flowers.  Me and Kevin also spent some time at the church decorating with my family.  I didn't get to bed until 2:30am, but it was totally worth it.  The flowers and decorations for the reception were beautiful.



I only have one complaint about the entire day and it is those horrible heels.
My dress was on the verge of needing to be shortened so I went with higher heels than I would normally wear.
Definitely should have got the dress shortened.



Becky Smith's mom made our beautiful cake.
I made my head piece.
We bought my dress.
It was on clearance for around $300.



It was a perfect day.
We left the reception and drove straight to the family cabin for our honeymoon.
I have to be back to school on Tuesday (today is Friday).
The weeks leading up to the wedding have been crazy with my college finals and work, Kevin working three jobs, and wedding preparations.  We're both so happy to have a break and be alone together.

Popular Posts