On the Struggle Bus

 Saturday afternoon I was on the struggle bus.


Maybe it was the crappy night sleep, or the sink piled with dishes one of the children was supposed to do and didn't--so when it was time to make the white chicken chili for the trunk or treat I couldn't use the sink, or maybe it was because I didn't want to leave the house--but had to leave the house to take my chili to the trunk or treat party, which I missed the trunk or treat part because I read the invite wrong. 

I may or may not (I totally did) have said some swear words.



The children made it on time and thanks to Bettyna, I have proof.
Our children crack me up.


You're never too old to trunk or treat, or trick or treat--so they tell me.




Turns out I think being HANGRY was partially to blame for my struggles.
When I finally arrived I tried five different soups (I love soup so much, but rarely make it since some people in my house don't think soup is a meal).
I was ready to shut it down when my friend Jeannie tells me I have to try her husband's pumpkin bisque.
Her husband is a chef, so yes, I had to try her husband's pumpkin bisque.
It was not only delicious, the presentation was beautiful with the roasted pumpkin seeds and craisins on top.
Two bowls later, I was beginning to get the soup sweats.



Despite my bad attitude, I did dress up as "fire".
When I got home I told Kevin the pumpkin bisque soup was fire, and he told me the kids don't use that word any more. 
I can't keep up.

Popular Posts