No Floats or Kickboards

Meet Janie's Volleyball Coach, Coach Beach.


His philosophy really resonated with me.
I did wade close to the shores of life at the pool and the beach and now I'm becoming a bold swimmer 😂.
Before coaching volleyball, he coached college swimming and teaches private swim lessons.
Sooooo, I may or may not have asked him for some freestyle breathing tips after the meeting 😬.
Took his advice and it really helped.
I may or may not ask if I can hire him for a swim lesson or two (don't tell Janie, she forbid me).


The Taylorsville outdoor pool closed last week so I came back to Murray and swam 32 laps with no floats or kick boards. 
The last time I swam this pool was my first lesson with Savannah and I was scared to death to jump in. 
I still have work to do--lots of stops at the end of each lap to catch my breath and I need to decrease my drag between breaths. 
And I should probably get on a real bike soon. The stationary bike isn't going to cut it.


When I'm not wearing a swim suit I'm wearing my painting clothes.
My painters elbow acted up last week, so I may need to hire that out too.


Maisie captured Grandma Becky pondering over swimming and paint.

Popular Posts