New School Year

Part of our back to school shopping included organizational products for Janie's updated bedroom,
and Lilly's soon to be new bedroom when Gracie leaves for the mish in October.


Lilly has recently crossed over from cleaning her room Saturday mornings only to having it go back to a bombshell by Saturday night--to being able to see her floor all week long. 
She went from a hoarder to a minimalist practically over night. 
These are the things that make it easier for me to watch them grow up.


Janie, on the other hand, has not crossed over.
When we gutted her room I found a bag of Halloween candy--not sure if it was from 2022 or 2021 and we hauled out bags and bags of trash and DI stuff.
We are hoping new floors and fresh walls will help her turn over a new leaf 🤞🤞🤞.


On back to school eve we took our youth to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.
A great way to kick off the new school year.


We couldn't find the melatonin (might still be packed with Gracie's Europe stuff??) so it was a little harder to fall asleep on summer standard time.


Our 9th grader!
Fun fact, she found that cute shirt for $4 on the little boys clearance rack at Walmart 👏.


And aside from those light up soled shoes they used to get, I think this year might be my favorite for school shoes. Probably because I want a pair of each. 
Thanks Mama Linda for spoiling them!


Our 7th grader!
Lilly's outfit is courtesy of Goodwill. Kalena, one of my young women, is a master thrifter and has been teaching Lilly her craft.


I'm curious if this is Lilly's year to grow.
Or maybe I'll have one daughter I'm taller than.




Then Janie headed over to her brother-from-another-mother's-house for take 2 of back to school photos.


I've always told my girls, boy best friends are less drama than girl best friends 😬 in jr high and high school.


They are such dorks and crack me and Bettyna (the other mother) up.
I've started calling her and Gavin the twins.


Popular Posts