I Cracked
I've been busy.
Painting, painting and more painting.
Lots of white paint.
Three coats later and this room was done.
Stay tuned for the finished product.
When we moved in we rented the basement to some guys.
A couple years later they moved out and we moved Em and Jax downstairs.
This was Emmy's closet and apparently she wanted everyone to know it.
Last week Lilly removed all the UTES decals in the bathroom and the red became white.
Two coats down, hopefully only two more to go.
Wednesday Kev and I went back to work on the floor.
We had some very tricky areas in the hallway.
We figured one side out, high-fived and kept working.
After laying a few pieces we look over and the tricky area had come undone.
Several hours, and several broken and cracked pieces later, I cracked.
I was done.
Vinyl laminate and laminate flooring are not the same.
I'm a wiz at installing laminate, vinyl laminate, not so much.
Kevin did not crack, he was very patient and said we just needed to take a break and our brains would work on it and figure it out.
He may have been right.
But we'll never know because my brain was done.
I consulted Thumbtack.
Found a company I liked and had a bid to install the remaining 1200 feet of flooring the next day.
They'll be here Saturday to get started.
Halle-freaking-lujah!
In the mean time, I'll just keep painting, (and swimming 🏊).

