Keep Going Becky beck
I have to keep reminding myself that once I'm done swimming 400 meters, I'll need to bike 12 miles and run (I won't be running, but we can pretend) 3 miles.
Although I've been putting most of my focus on the swim, I did do some walk-running one night last week and look at my view!
This view, accompanied by Andrea Bocceli = pretty great.
Every morning this week, at 7am sharp, I had my swim lessons with Lisa.
On the way to her house I would pass this...
I felt like it was a sign - keep going Becky Beck, don't you quit.
Lisa's friend Jesse (blue suit) came too.
She swims much better than I do, but wanted some help with her freestyle skills.
She's a breast cancer survivor and amazing.
I started the week barely being able to get across the short width of the pool, and by today I swam the entire length, almost with ease.
I went to the Taylorsville pool Monday - Thursday to practice and I am so happy with my progress in just a week's time.
God bless Lisa, and God bless the older gentleman swimming laps while I was practicing.
It was as if he was showing me the perfect pace and form I needed.
Hopefully he didn't notice me creeping him, but I had to get a video so I could study his moves.
And can I tell you, I can't remember the last time I was so tired.
Swimming is a freaking workout.
In other news.
We had a little flood in the basement.
It ruined the carpet and pad and put in motion a full basement facelift.
I've been wanting to get rid of the carpet for some time now, so I'm not that sad about it.
Stay tuned for the transformation.

