Janie Goes to Volleyball Camp - and Becky does too

Last week Janie had a 3 day volleyball camp at USU so of course I made a get-away out of it.


We dropped off Georgia on our way, to spend a few days with her bestie, Nala.
Fun fact about Georgia: She gets very carsick, hanging her head out the window seems to help.


Just so happened that my May May was still working at FSY on the USU CAMPUS last week (this week too), so we grabbed her for some lunch at Tiny Spicy.
I should clarify, the restaurant is actually called Mandarin Garden, if you'd like to dine there.
We get the Tiny Spicy chicken lunch special, and somehow, years and years ago, we renamed the place, Tiny Spicy.


These two have way too much fun together.




My Janie LOVES volleyball.
She tries out for the High School team next week.


It just so happened one of Janie's bestie's from the Jr High volleyball team was at the camp too.


I dropped her off and headed straight for a sandwich at the Old Gristmill.
They have the best bread. Kev and I used to buy it all the time when we lived there.


I stuck the sandwich in the fridge, a little something for me to look forward to after my swim, and hit the pool.


I was praying it was empty, so I could work on my freestyle.
All three days I was there I had the pool to myself and made some huge progress.
Every day I swam enough laps to equal over 600 meters.
That was a lot of laps.
By the time I got back to the city pool Friday I was able to swim freestyle the entire 50 meter length of the pool with only one stop in the middle to catch my breath. Woo hoo!!
Breathing is SO different with swimming.
Also, don’t forget the swim cap and goggles 😬.
I picked these up at the Logan Walmart and accidentally bought the airsoft goggles. Not great for swimming. 
I also got some work done on my grief program, yay for remote working!


After my swim on day two I went up to the college and took a 3 mile walk on campus and in the cemetery.
I miss walks with Kevin in the cemetery.


My view from campus...


My daily walk to classes from our first apartment in Logan...


Lilly has a building named after her...


I took some photos of headstone benches for Kevin.


Kevin, how do you feel about a back to your bench?




Kinda cool their actual last name is Bench, right?


As I was driving back to the hotel I got a text from Tricia telling the sisters she completed her Life Coach School Certification! Yay!!!
This was a ton of work. 
She was an awesome coach before the Life Coach School and now she's even awesomer. So proud of her. I sent a Marco Polo to congratulate her, and then realized she's in Idaho, less than two hours away. So I invited her to join me, and in less than 3 hours we were together. It was pretty great.


We went to Tandoori Oven with her daughter Hannah to celebrate!



Hannah is loving the USU life.


Wednesday I met Debbie at the temple for a session (remember Debbie from Taylorsville who moved to Cache Valley and let us crash her house during Girl's Camp?). So great to worship and visit with her.
And PS, she's selling one of her homes in our neighborhood. It has an income property in the basement and would be a great starter home! Email me if you're interested in being my neighbor.


Janie finished her camp around dinner time Wednesday, so I picked up more Indian food before we hit the road.


And we couldn't leave Cache Valley without some of the good stuff.


It was a fun and productive trip!
Let's do it again next year Janers.


 

Popular Posts