Gracie in Europe - A Series: LONDON


Day 1 in London: we went to Windsor castle, we were supposed to be able to go inside, but we couldn’t because Joe Biden was there having tea with the King 






London day 2: performed in the embankment gardens, sang again in St. Matthews, and then saw Les Miserables live- that was pretty much the greatest thing I’ve ever seen, I had chills the entire time. And I heard people around me that had seen it before saying that this was the best cast they’d ever seen so that’s cool.
Favorite Les Mis song: I Dreamed a Dream






Day 3 in London: we went and saw the changing of the guard, learned that when the flag is waving on buckingham palace, that means the king is home. So I’m 2 for 2 on standing outside castles that the king is inside of. Then we spent most of the day exploring the Tower of London, which is actually a whole bunch of towers and chambers where they used to torture people and behead them and stuff. We also saw all the Crown Jewels there have ever been for the last 400 years, we weren’t allowed to take pictures- but I can confirm that it was cool. And to finish the night we saw Wicked live.




Today I learned that in London a line is called a “queue” so when we got in line for a taxi ride home, we were actually “in the queue to get a lift.” Tomorrow we take the Eurostar to Paris!

 

Popular Posts