The Rat I Saw was Real
Have I mentioned that Kloe and Kevin have been busy?
They have been transforming our garage turned storage shed into a garage to park two cars in.
Kloe has been harsh at times, calling her father a hoarder and her mother specifically a paint hoarder.
Sometimes they've had to take time-outs from each other.
Other times apologies have been in order.
But despite the harsh words and frustration, they are getting things done.
Remember our rat problem a while back?
Did I mention I saw the rat run across the garage twice?
And did I mention Kevin made fun of me because he thought I was actually seeing just a mouse and teased me like I was nuts?
Well guess what?
In all his spring garage cleaning he found the rat--preserved in some insulation.
Except he thought it would be funny to convince me he'd only found a mouse.
So he shows me this picture, and then hands me a small round metal plate that only a mouse would fit on...
Then he came clean, took me outside to show it to me in person...
It was on a huge metal plate and as you can see, that is a rat.
And I saw that tail sticking straight out as it ran across my garage.
Guess what else???
They fit the truck in the garage.
It was a miracle.
We tried parking the truck in the garage when we bought it and we legit thought it wouldn't fit.
Had to park it sideways.
It fits my friends, and with 1.5 inches to spare!
They are not done.
Still have all the tools to go through.
Kloe will try to convince her father he doesn't need 5 of every tool, along with the millions of screws he hangs onto, just in case.
Wish them luck.
Break time with Maisie.



