Joy in the Celebrating

You aren't going to believe it, but this is the only photo I have the morning Gracie opened her mission call.


I was completely present, and it was so great.
Luckily, Gracie planned ahead and had Kloe document everything.
Then Gracie put together this little video. Here you go...


She'll begin @home MTC October 16th and the following week she'll go to the Mexico MTC and then she's off to Chile!


After "The Call" ceremony, we piled into the cars and headed to Malad for Baby Kevin's 11th birthday celebration.


It's been two years since we were all together at the grave.




I'm not going to say much about our time at Baby Kevin's grave today.
I hired our Rachel to photograph all the things for a presentation I'm putting together about grief and Finding Joy in the Celebrating.


What I will say though, is God gave me the most blessed 24 hours. 
It began in the temple, then a mission call, then sacred time surrounding our son's grave--more on that later.
Every year as we celebrate Baby Kevin's birthday, I'm the one showered with gifts.


When we finished at the cemetery we went to The Pine's for lunch since our Dude Ranch is closed.
It's a family run business, has been for years and years. One of the family members is sick so they've had to shut the restaurant down. Hopefully they'll have healthier days ahead.


After lunch we piled back into the cars and headed for our Beck Family Jackson Hole trip!


We mixed things up this year and stayed on the other side of the Tetons in Victor, Idaho.
Stay tuned for all the fun!

Popular Posts