I'm Sure I was a Sight
Savannah doesn't mess around.
We went straight to the lap pool--9 feet deep all the way around 😳.
Back when I was around 10 and taking swim lessons the swim teacher marched us all to the high dive after our first class.
We lined up, and after a few kids jumped into the water my fear got the best of me. When the coach turned his back I stepped out of line and ran to the locker room.
The next day he moved me down a level.
Despite a few more swim lessons, I never got much better.
I felt a little like running to the locker room when I looked down into the 9 foot pool.
But I stayed.
I slowly stepped into the water and gripped the side.
Savannah worked mostly on helping me getting comfortable swimming on my back.
It wasn't pretty.
And I swallowed a lot of water.
She had me "swim" 400 meters with the little floaty.
Took forever, but I did it.
Sometimes I'd kick and kick and just stay in one spot.
We were both stumped by that.
We worked in the pool for about an hour and a half.
It kicked my butt.
Had a few foot and leg cramps.
Was shocked at how out of breath I was even though I work out every day.
Apparently swimming is a whole new level of working out.
Jax and Aubs called to make sure I was okay.
I'm not sure I made much progress, but I didn't cry, and I didn't run away, so that was something.
I did realize I have got to get comfortable holding my breath under water and putting my face in the water.
So the next morning I went to the pool to work on things by myself.
I was literally by myself, in the great big pool,
with two lifeguards keeping an eye on me.
I'm sure I was a sight.
Found out children's goggles don't work for adults (mine are delayed coming from amazon), and a swim cap is a must.
Probably the best entertainment those lifeguards have had in a while, watching my sad attempt at swimming in the 4 foot end of the pool 😂😂😂.


