The "Silent" Love Trip

A year ago, I planned a post-stake conference trip to Logan for the two of us so Kevin could clear his head and decompress. I had a great time, but Kevin came home unsettled and feeling like his head still needed clearing.
We determined a post-conference trip alone might be a better option.
So last November, after stake conference, he took a trip to his trailer parked next to the house and had a couple days of alone time. It seemed to help, a little, but he was still too accessible to his daughters.

A couple of months ago Kevin planned ahead and booked three nights in the campground at Sand Hollow for his post-stake conference trip.
After much thought and consideration he decided to invite me--provided I agree to the following condition: I could join him, if I only spoke 100 or less words the entire trip.
I didn't even hesitate, I was in!

And then I began brushing up on my sign language.


Kevin spent the weeks leading up to our silent love trip updating all his fishing gear.
Check out that system he's got rigged up so he can launch his pontoon boat all by himself.
Genius.
Spoiler alert: The wind was not his friend, and his attempts at fishing were fruitless fishless.


I zipped my lips as I climbed into the truck Monday morning.
But Kevin kept talking to me so what could I do? I had to respond.
He was very flexible on the 100 word limit, except for the few times I ran smack at him--which he would then remind me I had crossed over my limit.

We had some delicious eats, took some great walkie talkies, and watched some good movies.


Let's talk about Kevin's recent addition to his trailer: the 50 inch television.
A replacement for his 19 inch that somehow ended up in Lilly's room.
When Kev went to buy another small TV, the 50 inch was on some crazy sale for less than the small ones. 
It felt like a sign.


Couldn't connect to Amazon and Netflix so we went old school and picked up a few of these.
Watched the Elvis and Whitney Houston movies.
Both good.
Both depressing.


Went to see the new Red Cliffs temple. 
It's almost finished and it is beautiful!
And who am I kidding, I've never met a temple I didn't love.
Really loved the leaves. Not sure what's in between them, looks like two hands holding scripture.


I'd like to thank my nephew Tommy for introducing me to Wetzel's Pretzels in Disneyland last year.
St. George has them too, so I introduced Kevin to the best pretzels on the planet.


Kevin read about the "falls season" at Gunlock State Park, so since it was falls season we had to check them out. So pretty!
We also bought our annual state park's pass so we can do some more adventuring.





We also discussed upgrading the redneck travel trailer, which we love, to something a little more spacious.


I guess I'll find out how this went 6 months from now depending upon whether or not I get another invite 😊.

 

Popular Posts