Too Perfect for this Life is back

Last month I found out KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) deleted my book; Kevin's too.
Yes, you read that right, KDP deleted our books.
It was part of the aftermath of cancelling our Amazon France Prime account.
It was a whole thing.
We had a problem with reoccurring charges from our Amazon France account and Amazon customer service said in order to fix it we needed to delete the account.
What they didn't tell us is by deleting it, it also deleted our regular Amazon Prime account--which deleted all our Kindle books, the movies we'd bought and downloaded, our purchase history.
EVERYTHING.
Including my KDP account that was connected to my Amazon Prime account.
At first I was mad, 
then sad, 
then frustrated when I spoke to multiple people at Amazon telling me there was nothing I could do.
But then I wondered (this all happened within a few hours), What could be good about this?
Turns out, KDP cancelling my book was a blessing in disguise.
Kevin's book too.


I've learned a thing or two about clear messaging and cover design since I published my book several years ago.
This was the perfect opportunity to re-do the cover.


This is the new cover 👇


I also did some research and we were shooting ourselves in the foot letting KDP assign us our ISBN. In doing that, the only way someone could get the book is from Amazon or me.
So I bought my own ISBN and uploaded the book to KDP and Ingram--which is where book sellers go to buy books. Wider distribution means more people can find it.
Also, in my research I found a formatting program that is so much more user friendly than what I used initially. Transferring my book to the new program put me through a learning curve that will help me with the current book I'm working on, Finding Joy in the Mourning.

So there you have it.
It all worked out for the better 😰 and the book is once again available on Amazon.
You can check it out HERE.












 

Popular Posts