Getting Out of the Cold - Day 1 & 2

Kev and I had plans to pick up Kloe in Paris.
It didn't work out.
So we took our Paris dollars to Hawaii instead.


If you haven't been to the new SLC airport then you haven't had the opportunity to take the looong walk to the Southwest Terminals.



Not only did I inherit grandpa's sweet ride, but I also inherited one of his jackets.
He wore this all the time back in the day.
I think he liked the style.
Not sure where the black one ended up.


My grandpa was a homebody.
He never ventured far from the farm.
He was afraid of water and flying so I've decided to wear his jacket and take him with me on all my travels.
It's my traveling jacket.
We flew to Vegas and waited at the exact same gate as last year where we were told we'd have no trouble getting into Hawaii with our negative Covid tests...they sat on a throne of lies. 
Had a little PTSD.



Little flying tip:
DO NOT go to the bathroom in your stocking feet 😲.
This was my first time wearing two different socks, I think ever.
My girls do it all the time.


More PTSD at the airport.
Thankfully there were no Covid lines and I didn't scream anyone down.


Our first matter of business was introducing Kloe to Shave Ice.
This would be the first of many Shave Ice experiences on the trip.


We stopped for some amazing views from the Pali overlook on our way to the other side of the island--far far away from the crowds in Honolulu.


Gracie slept on the lanai again, but this time we brought the bug net so she wasn't eaten alive.


The only thing better than starting your day with Jesus, is starting your day with Jesus and a sunrise.


Day 2 was packed with adventuring.
I walked out of the condo to see the girls admiring the other view.


Hank, who's real name is Dave, from the GyPSy Guide app, suggests we take a look at this view.
We can always trust Hank's advice.


Then it was on to paddle boarding and kayaking with the turtles.


We had the breakfast bombers at Kono's and then on to Matsumotos for Shave Ice.





This time we each shared so there would be more room for Dole Whips at the Plantation later.


Next up: Snorkeling at Sharks Cove


We saw one guy walk out with his face all cut up.
That may have been the reason for the caution tape 😬.


And then a sunset on Bonzai beach.




In case you are wondering, Kloe was loving Hawaii.

Comments

Popular Posts