Я не знаю української - Sister Beck's Weekly Update

Hola Hola!


How is everyone? 

This week we did whiteboard street contacting. It's where you take a big whiteboard with a question written on it and let people write down their answers. Our question was "What are you grateful for?" 
I've seen missionary reels of them doing this and it always goes over so well! Turns out those missionaries weren't serving in Europe hahaha 🥲🙃 people did not understand why we were asking/why we care about what they were grateful for 😂 some also did not know what the word grateful meant? 😬 another weird thing is we only met 2 people who spoke French. The rest spoke different languages. Oddly enough we could only get responses from Ukrainians and Portuguese speakers! Luxembourg is crazy. 🇧🇷🇵🇹🇺🇦🇬🇧🇷🇺🇮🇹🇿🇦

Saturday was one of the oddest but best days ever. We started out with a service project at an Italian members house. The Quaresima family is so fun! 
Then we went to teach our French class ! I can't remember if I told you this or not but one time in our class, two Italian women came and they were so nice! They invited us over for dinner! First time we met and they were like: you guys seem nice come have pizza with us. 

Um okay! Don't have to ask me twice. 

Turns out they are a couple and are expecting a baby girl in September or beginning of October! Personally I'm a big advocate for September;) anyway, for dinner they had authentic Italian cuisine and it was so. GOOD. I was living my best Italian Luxembourgian life. They definitely talked about having us over again jaja love it. 
Words I learned: mi chiamo Kloe 🤌🏽 bo che 🤷🏼‍♀️ grazie di tutto 🤌🏽 squisito 🤌🏽 COPPIA Copia che !!! There's a difference !!! 

Theresa has gestational diabetes so pray for her last month of pregnancy that all will go well. Seriously the sweetest people. 💗 

We did exchanges. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Went to a members house and scared their 15 year old daughter away from serving a mission just by telling her what we can't do 🤣 blew her MIND when she found out we don't play video games or watch movies (unless of course it's the Restoration movie). She kept asking questions like: Well I know you can at least have snapchat!?
Us: nope 
Her: Instagram???
Us: not anymore 
Her: okay but if you get bored you can watch a show or something? 
Us: 😂😂😂 yeaaahh right. 

So anyway hopefully she serves a mission! 
🤜🏽🤛🏽

They have this thing called the Schueberfouer (pronounced shoober-foo-ay) every year in Lux. It's a big fair and people LOVE IT. I guess it's one of the oldest "still running" fairs in Europe but obviously it has improved over time. I think it's like 681 years old lol the States are quaking. It looks JUST like lagoon ! They even have a wild mouse ride! I wanna go so bad but we wouldn't be able to ride the rides and also my comp is not into it jeje. Maybe next year. 

On Sunday one of the elders' friends Emilie came to church and we swooped in real quick. She is seriously the coolest. She's from Germany but knows English, Korean, and Turkish with two other languages I don't know. She told us about her life and how she studied in Korea and has traveled ALL over the place !! She's so cool. Next week she's going to Vietnam, Turkey, and then Korea for fun. She's a queen. We had the best conversation and I was like "you are so cool" and she was like "no dude like what you guys do as missionaries is way cooler. Its incredible" 🥲🥲 
And then I died from her niceness. She was like: because I'll be traveling I won't be able to come to church but when I get back, I'll be here! 

Incroyable. Formidable. 
Sorry elders! She's our friend now 😈 

This week we get transfer news ! So you have that to look forward to next week:) just a hunch but I think I'll be staying jeje. 

Love you !! Have an incredible week!









Comments

Popular Posts