Forgiven

Remember my friend Lacey? 
Lacey has been doing my hair for over 10 years.
We became friends immediately and I love her so much.
I've watched her progress on her faith journey to Christ over the years and she inspires me.


If you follow me on social media you may have seen this.
In case you haven't I'd love to share Lacey's story behind it (with her permission).

"It started with a dream
It was a gift
It was here that I had complete peace and joy for a mortal moment, in the meridian of time
It was sacred
No words were exchanged but then, the word came freely through a feeling
Forgiven
The only one I needed to hear
Engraven into my heart, mind and soul
Pure love
Pure joy
A gift
The Atonement
A gap was bridged in that specific moment for me"

Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 
-Psalm 46:10

"I had been feeling the urge to strengthen my testimony and develop a closer relationship with my Savior.
I began by studying the scriptures and praying deeper than ever before.
Soon the need to develop that became a thirst and hunger.
The words in the scriptures consumed my life and mind, so much so that at times it was difficult for me to focus on anything else.
It was wonderful.
Almost a year later, I was beyond blessed to have this dream.
It was more of an experience.
One that would change my life and the way I perceived my relationship with God and my Savior.
It was beautiful and quiet with the occasional sound of birds and a steady trickle of a nearby water fountain.
There I sat, peacefully in what seemed like meditation and then with no words needed, He was there.
His presence with a gentle kiss on top of my head.
The word "forgiven" was engraved in my heart, mind and soul.
Pure love and joy, like I had never before felt, flooded me completely.

I woke slowly.
I opened my eyes to the sun rising and an indescribable feeling.
I knew without any doubt that I had been given a gift.
A sacred one.
One that needed to be shared with the world in a special way."

The artist, Eva Timothy, is incredibly talented and also has a special story to share.
Follow her on instagram HERE.





 

Popular Posts