Wiped Out

(Girl) Cousin's Camp at Aunt Kimmy's happened last week.


They had one last hurrah before the Arizona cousins headed back to the desert.


A picnic with spaghetti and parmesan, no sauce.
That's how I like it.




After the Arizona cousins left, Lilly stayed a few more days and she and Stella partied hard.




I'm not sure what it is about these two but they get along so well.
Maybe because they are both the babies of the family.
Maybe because they both share the same style in clothing (hoodies and sweats, even in the summer)
Maybe because they are both bilingual.
Stella speaks Chinese
Lilly, Spanish


By the end of the week they were wiped out.


While Lilly was at Kimmy's I took Janie and her friend to the cabin.


They laughed A LOT.
I worked A LOT.
I've finished recording half of my Drop the Cactus course.
The first half is all about awareness.
Why we control, what triggers control, how our thoughts trick us into thinking we have to control, what agency is and how to honor it in ourselves and others.
Some lessons take longer to figure out than others and it's often because I haven't learned enough to teach it yet.
The Lord is literally, still taking me through the 12 steps of addiction recovery.
He will not let me miss a step.
I think I’ve finally learned enough to finish writing the first lesson for the second half of the course.
It's a good one!


I also worked on a Relief Society lesson.
One of my favorite things to study and teach is Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life (Eternal life with Christ).
I'm a little obsessed with it.
It's all about how to live a life with Christ, every day.
I still do, all the time. 
I check myself and where I am on the path to Christ. It keeps me grounded and out of the foundationless (I think I made up that word) great and spacious building.

 

Comments

Popular Posts