The Air Show Was a Bust

Years ago, when we only had two or three kids, Kevin's friend Thiel invited us to watch the Hill Air Force Base Air Show from the parking lot of his work.
It was the perfect location for front row seats and the show was incredible!
When Kevin saw this year's air show advertised last month we decided to do it!


They made it sound so easy.
Jump on Frontrunner.
Get off in Clearfield.
Ride the shuttle bus to the base.
Slick!



Except all of Utah decided to go to the air show so when we arrived in Clearfield they announced the base was closed. It was filled to capacity.
I blame Top Gun Maverick.


And let me just say, I thank the heavens we had time to jump back on the train (barely).
The buses were returning people in droves.
We heard one group say they boarded Frontrunner at 7:20am and got all the way to the base, only to be turned away. So at 1pm they were returning to the Murray station with us.
We boarded the train at 10:20 and were so glad we didn't try to get there early (which we usually try to be the early bird, but there were no worms to be had).


We had some good quality time with the girls.
Found out Gracie was being a Debbie Downer/Doubter about a big goal she'd set.
It REALLY upset me and I couldn't help myself.
I life coached her.
My kids don't always love it when Life Coach Becky comes out.
But like I said, I couldn't help myself and I set her straight.
Now that I have an awareness of how the brain works and tries to scare us into all kinds of crap and keep us from all kinds of great stuff, I love to call it out and I had to call out Gracie's.
We rewired her thinking and made a plan--part of that plan involves Gracie's homemade rolls and orange butter.
Stay tuned on the deets for that.


 We went over possible ways to spend the rest of our day when we finally got off the train.
Their first choice was to get off Frontrunner in Roy and walk to Lucky China for lunch.
We googled it.
It would take an hour to walk there and it was 90 degrees.
💩
I considered suggesting another showing of Top Gun, but I'm too cheap to pay full price for a movie we've already seen, unless it's just me and Kevin 😬.
I mentioned lunch (or dinner, we had no idea when we were getting off that train) at Pizza Pie Cafe.
It was unanimous.
By 2pm they were eating their weight in pizza and dessert pizza and couldn't be happier.
We decided for the 2024 air show we'll do our research and see if there's a hotel near the base we can book two years in advance or somewhere outside the base we can park and still see the jets.

Comments

Popular Posts