Speaking of Jesus
Janie has loved her art class so much.
She walked home one day last week carrying her final art project.
It cracked me up.
Looks good enough to eat, right?
We picked up cookies for the graduates in our neighborhood and to celebrate the last day of school Thursday!
One of our graduates, Ethan, got his mission call!
Kevin was Ethan's bishop and I teach Ethan in Sunday school, and Ethan's taken Gracie out on a few dates 😊. We all think Ethan's pretty great.
He's heading to Arizona to share Jesus with anyone who will listen!
We may have to accidentally on purpose run into him and take him to lunch while we're visiting our Arizona people.
Speaking of Jesus.
I've been thinking about the relationship I have with him.
He's not one of those all or nothing kind of people.
(Control Enthusiasts are all or nothing kind of people, I'm working on it)
His friendship is whatever I need it to be.
And he'll show up whenever I need him.
He's a huge respecter of agency
(Control Enthusiasts are not as good at respecting other people's agency, I'm working on it)
and unlike his brother Satan, he won't come busting into our lives if we don't invite him.
If you need Jesus as an occasional friend, he'll be that friend.
If you want to check in with him once or twice a day, that works for him.
If you want to talk to him all day long, he's listening, and he'll even talk back.
If you want to make covenants and meet him in his temples, he'll be there.
He really is the perfect friend and I love him.

