Happy to Get Back on the Lake

Kevin has a fishing trip with his Uncle Ronnie this week so we needed to get the boat out and make sure everything was working.
It's been in storage for two years and I think it was happy to get back on the lake.


It was just the four of us.
Even though Gracie's on summer break, she's already started her Senior schedule so we take her when we can get her.


Lots of jumping in the lake for these two.
Which caused a little contact malfunction.




It was a beautiful sunny day with weather in the low 80's.
The boat did great and is ready for some fishing!


We resurrected an old boating tradition of stopping at Lucky China in Roy for Szechwan chicken.
 It was as good as we remembered it and the girls loved it.


Lots of family boating memories came flooding back to me while we were on the lake.
So many fun times in Flaming Gorge, on Strawberry and at Lake Powell, just to name a few.
Kev could see the writing on the wall when Jax was 13 and we only had a few years left to make boating and fishing memories with all the kids at home.
That's when he came to me and said, "We are getting a boat." I think that may be the first and only decision he's ever made without me. He followed up with, "And I've found the one I want on KSL".
Honestly, I was relieved when Kevin went to make an offer and the listing was no longer there.
All I could see was the expense of having a boat.
A few months later, the listing for his boat reappeared and we were boat owners.
I did end up agreeing to it, and honestly, there was no way he could get it without me. After almost losing the business I was the only one who had good enough credit to get a loan 😬😂.
The boat was a great decision and it's still creating fun family memories.

Go HERE for one of our most memorable trips.



Popular Posts