- Sister Beck's Weekly Update

Salut a tous 🤟🏼 

Remember how I said God is looking out for me and He blesses me beaucoup/muchisimo? Well the list continúes because this transfer our zone conference was a HIKE. It was pretty much the most ideal zone conference I've ever had. We hiked, found a place to sit and talk, and then hiked back. Try and tell me that that is not a perfect conference. 🤍🌲🌿😍 

We had to book it to Xiomara's after that because she was making pupusas specifically for Sr Chris and we didn't want to let her down. We didn't have time to change out of our hiking clothes and we were low-key a mess. We missed our train and then our bus skipped our stop so we had to run 20 minutes to get there. Dehydrated, exhausted, and starving, we finally made it and the only person there was the abuela cooking all of it. She insisted we ate even though no one else was going to eat it with us 😂 she brought out a vase of water and I finished two of those bad boys in like 5 minutes, the abuela was shook. 

Later on Xiomara finally showed up and she had non-member friends with her (like a queen) and we all sat and talked for a while! Her friends were from *drumroll please* Colombia jejej and when we were talking they asked if I was Russian??? They said I look Russian or Finnish. Never have gotten Finnish before but this was the second time I have gotten Russian ? .... 😬 not sure why.

That day I think we walked probably 30 miles. We were knocked out as soon as we got home. 

The next day we went to the Angulos, chaque vendredi a 18h00. Always the best. 

We decided to go to our friend Daniel's restaurant (Goiko) last Saturday and then this week he was so much more open to listening to us because I think he saw that we actually do really care about him and want the best for him. It was so cool. Simple act of service to show him we care and listen went such a long way :) he started reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church so #showothersyoucare 

Sunday was mother's day here in France and also Celine's baptism 🤍🤍 Sundays are always so good. 

Welp, c'est tout. God humbled me a lot this last week so still trying to recover from that 😵‍💫🤠

Hope you all are thriving and remembering your covenants. 

Au revoir ! 









Comments

Popular Posts