We Binged Jesus on Sunday
If you live in the Salt Lake Valley and haven't been to Sweet Lake's for breakfast, GO!
They sell their biscuits frozen so we picked some up when we went there to celebrate our 29 years of love and they were SO GOOD!
I got this picture from Kloe.
She was making candy FRENCH toast with FRENCH bread in FRANCE.
Made me so happy.
She and her companions carried on the Beck family General Conference breakfast tradition.
You all know I love Elder Rasband right?
When he stood up to speak I was taken back to April Conference 10 years ago when he spoke peace to our family in the month leading up to Baby Kevin's birth.
So grateful for the words Christ speaks to me through his prophets.
I loved so many messages from this conference, but what stood out to me even more than the messages was the feelings of gratitude I had throughout the meetings for living prophets. Many of their invitations were not new. I have learned in my life that when I take their invitations, no matter how big or small, my life is blessed. When I experiment on their words, my life is blessed. I don't understand all things, but I do understand that God loves His children and his only desire is to help and bless us.
Maisie took some crappy naps, but still managed to be the sweetest little lover.
Good times between sessions.
President Nelson announced 17 new temples to be built.
17!
Signs of the times my friends.
Signs of the times.
This is Elder Schmutz giving the closing prayer.
He is the man who called Kevin to be the 2nd counselor in the Stake Presidency last November.
Such a great leader.
Lots of great messages to chew on for the next 6 months.
President Nelson talked about momentum and how to ignite spiritual momentum.
He shared 5 ways to do that.
I especially liked #3 and 4.
#3 - Learn about God and how he works--distinguish the truths of God and the counterfeits of Satan. With lightening speed a testimony not fed daily will take a person speedily down to you know where.
I love to learn about God and how he works, every single day.
I know that his ways and his thoughts are not the ways of the world, and it requires careful daily study to learn of his ways. It's time well spent and totally worth the effort.
#4 - Seek and expect miracles if we believe in Him and Doubt nothing. Realize the Lord will help us move mountains.
I have seen this repeatedly in my life.
God is good.
And so was grandma Linda's minestrone soup we had for dinner!!


