Doppelgänger Madness - Sister Beck's Weekly Email

 Buenos Dias :)


Holy cow 🐄 this week was insane. I think to date it has been the craziest on my mission. So much happened. There's some exciting things in the works 😎

First, I'll give you the juice on all the Spanish drama 💁🏼‍♀️ That guy who accused me of being at the same club his wife was at when she cheated on him, is now asking for 700€ because it's the least I can do to get him back to Paraguay so he can win her heart again 😀 so I'm loving that for me. 
Some random person on Facebook made two really weird videos of me with all my Facebook photos 😀😂 I felt freaked out yet honored all at the same time. Lmk if you want to see them. 
Had to get our house blessed. 
Went to the temple 3 times which is always a long feat. I stinkin love Versailles though it's beautiful. 

Went to lunch to my now favorite place here in France that's GOOD and CHEAP but I'm gatekeeping so you're forced to take me with you if you want to go. 
Jokes, it's Chez Antoine in Vincennes.
We found that place because Jorge #3 took us there. Unfortunately it was there that he also told us he has no desire to know if any of this is true. He said he'd rather not know (don't even get me started on that but know my eyes have been rolling all the way back to SLC since) We've taught him basically everything except the last lesson and so it was one of those moments where I was like.... how did we get this far if you don't even care? We're not even that good of company? 
The whole time we were eating he had a tiny spider in his hair making a WEB. It kept going up and down his face and I didn't know how to tell him. I was also nervous if he reacted quickly he'd fling it into my food. It was very distracting. Thankfully right before we left the spider fell off. But it made a whole home and everything. It was gross.

Somehow we got ourselves into a "lesson" with 3 Guatemalan men who definitely 100% thought it was a date. They had their flowy button down shirts and skinny jeans. It was brutal. They brought chips and Orangina and were like "Don't even worry, nothing is spiked" 😐😐😐 too bad they were talking to the Queen of "worry". No Orangina or chips were consumed thank you v much. 
I'm not going to get into it but I have major beef with the "Let's do whatever we have to, to have a lesson... even if its potentially not the safest" mindset. But yeah... like I said I won't get into that. 

We took Willy to the temple on Sunday and wow did he love it. He committed to baptism and gave himself a date jajaj. He also went into how thankful he was for us and how he knows it's all true. Your girl did cry, but just a little bit. It was so nice. 

I'm not going to leave you hanging on why our house had to be blessed. So let's get into it. 
It was probably one of the scariest days of my life. We were all sitting in the living room talking on Wednesday night. We live on the top floor so our ceiling is the roof. As we were talking we heard footsteps right above where Hna Gonzalez was sitting. At first we were like "ew that's disgusting, is that a rat?" And then it started getting louder and louder so Hna Gonzalez jumped out of her seat to get away from it. We all were super confused and trying to figure out what it was when a stranger suddenly slammed and broke into our front door. 
The scream that came out of us was unlike anything I've ever heard before. It was the worst sound and feeling I have ever felt. I tried to figure out our escape route as fast as I could but there was no where for us to go. 
No where to hide. 
We're on the top floor, with an open layout besides the long hallway coming in. We were cornered and frozen with fear. 
All I could think about was how I couldn't believe that this was happening to us. 
I was also thinking about how our best bet was to pick up our chairs and charge at the person, it's all we had.
This all happened in a matter of seconds but it felt like it was hours as we waited to see who was going to round the corner when eventually...
no one came. 
We did not leave the living room for hours. 
When we finally checked the house out everything looked normal. 

The other sisters didn't feel good about staying in the house that night so they called up some priesthood and got the place blessed. 

The next day passed by, trauma still fresh, and as I turned the corner I tripped on our vacuum. As it fell down the wall and hit the door/handle it made the same LOUD noise we heard that night. 
It. was. the. vacuum. And the footsteps on the roof really was just because we have rats.... 

Man. A ride, I'll tell you that much.
I can't think about it without laughing but also wanting to cry. In the moment it was so real 😂 I have literally never been that terrified in my entire life and it was over a VACUUM. But it also taught me several very legitimate lessons that I will be remembering for the rest of my life. All jokes and things aside I thank Heavenly Father every day that it wasn't real and that we are okay. Jokes not to the side, we got pRANKED hard.
Some of the sisters still won't talk about it 😬

To the end the week off, one of the Sœurs found lice in their hair. Yup. Lice. So enjoy all these photos of my head right next to theirs before we knew. Feels super bad. I don't have them so please pray for me that I won't get them. I have a lot of hair. Once again I've gone full Becky Beck mode and have been purging the place and wearing bags over my head. I did also only get 3 hours of sleep last night due to egg picking and I'm a goner today. Sorry if you don't hear from me, I'm sleeping. 

Life is nuts. 

Anyway how are all of you? 

For the last week of my Easter 🐣 portions here are two stellar talks. Let me know your thoughts on them and we can discuss! 

Wounded

Point of Safe Return

Love yall 

Pictures:
- Sr Tchen hasn't had her own tags this whole time so The Becks have been taking over Nogent ;) Sr Beck and Hermana Beck jeje. Her tags finally arrived so she'll have her own.
- you're my golden hourr 
- fleurs 
- Gerson lol
- No soliciting 
- me having to wear the same dress pretty much every day.











Comments

Popular Posts