Simpler Times

I thought you might like a tour of Grandma and Grandpa Moon's home.


When you come in the back door you walk into the utility room--which I always called the utidly room when I was little. 


There were two recliners.
One for grandma and one for grandpa, back in the day.
Then it was one for grandpa and one for me.
I loved sitting in this room just shooting the bull with my grandpa.
Before the recliners there was a couch. I remember Saturday nights watching Lawrence Welk in this room while my mom put curlers in my hair for church on Sunday.


The doorway to the right takes you to a hallway where you can go downstairs to the left or walk up to the kitchen on the right.



Janie got a kick over how much taller she is than Kloe was at 13.



Here's the cute kitchen.
Simpler times.



If you keep going down the hallway there's a bedroom to the left.
Mama Jan slept here for part of her life.


A bathroom by the bedroom and one more bedroom I forgot to snap a photo of.


This is the living room where we have SO MANY great Christmas memories.
We brought back a few things for my mom.


The living room wraps around to "the North room".


 I did not go to the basement.
It has always creeped me out.
A lot of the farm has been sold.
If we were still young parents I would have loved to buy the parcel the house sits on.
I guess Scarlet will have to do.


Popular Posts