I Went to Disneyland in Paris jeje - Sister Beck's Weekly Update

 Bonjour 🌸


Willy is on date ! He is the best. We met up with him at the Eiffel Tower and taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ and he basically invited himself to be baptized lol I love it when they do that. 

❗Warning❗mini rant ahead: all bird lovers stop reading now. 
I hate Paris pigeons. I don't like pigeons in general but I really, REALLY don't like these guys. They are the size of chihuahuas and they are extremely aggressive FOR NO REASON. One time a pigeon's wing touched my forehead... that's how close they'll fly to you. It's nasty and it invokes a special kind of anger in me. Also last week remember that picture of allllll that doodoo on my bag, mask, and sweater? That was from a pigeon.. so if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about how monstrous these birdogs are idk what will. Anyway, to keep this long rant brief-er, I don't like them. 
We were talking with Willy, spirit being felt, Jesus being talked about, good vibes all around and out of NO WHERE a pigeon just poops right on my foot.

Somehow it got on my shoe and my dress and Hna Gonzalez's bag. They're evil. I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh or throw up, so I did a little of both. 
Willy came prepared though and had wipes. He told me in Colombia they say that getting pooped on is good luck but isn't that just an everywhere saying? I'm not sure I feel too special about my pigeon poop luck. 

We met up with Esteban that same day too (he was someone that reached out to help me with spanish). First thing, my brother Dakota has the nickname Esteban and it's been a joke in our family for years so I couldn't say actual Esteban's name without giggling a little everytime. Thanks for that @Dakota Beck. But second thing, he was SO COOL. I wasn't expecting it to go so well. He was so nice and don't be shocked but: he's also Colombian. Finding hack fr. While we were talking we were sitting on a bench in front of the Eiffel Tower and starting at 8 o clock and on the hour for the next few, the tower sparkles for about 5 minutes and it's probably the most magical thing I've ever seen. ✨ It was so pretty. 

We got a new sister in our apartment and she's Tahitian!! She's so cool and nice. None of us really understand her because tahitian French is way different from Parisian but somehow we get by. She was originally assigned to Africa but her parents were like "...nah" so 4 days before she was supposed to go, they switched her mission to this one. 

This last week felt like I lived 73 lives. The picture of me and the kids was the biggest tender mercy from God at the exact moment I needed it. That day was super hard. To make an extremely long and complicated story short, we keep having friends over-share and tell us things we definitely shouldn't know and things I don't really want to know personally. One friend had something happen to them and now they think I know some private information (that they don't know) about their family in Paraguay and am refusing to tell them. They're pretty angry with us and keep sending intense messages. That night we decided to go to a barbecue even though there wasn't really a reason for us to go, everything else had fallen through. We show up and talked with the members and then the kids started involving us in their games. At one point we were playing monkey in the middle with a little boy from portugal, I was holding the ball and he was standing right next to me looking up and all of a sudden in perfect English this little six year old goes: "you're very pretty" AND THEN IN MY SHOCKED STATE, HE TAKES THE BALL FROM ME. I had no clue he knew English... I couldn't believe he finessed me like that 🤧

Anywho, it was nice to get my mind off of the madness and just have fun with some kids. 

Oddly enough I think after this week, and in all honesty my entire mission thus far, I'm going to switch my future career plans a little bit. I was studying psychology with the intention to become a therapist for young adults/adults. Buuuuuuuttt I'm starting to lean towards being a therapist for children and potentially the elderly. We'll see, I've still got plenty of time to figure that all out but I think God has been trying to tell me something about it with all these people with lots of baggage that they drop off at me and my companions' feet.

Sunday was another much needed day. We had ward conference and a big linger longer after and it was so fun. 2 weeks ago they took away the mask mandate here in France and it has changed the entire vibe of church. Everyone is so much nicer and talkative. I found out that one of the guys in the stake presidency speaks really good Spanish because his wife is Chilean!! We talked and he asked if I was from España!!! Then when I told him I was from Utah, he asked if I studied in Spain for my school and when I told him no he goes: "completamente gringa???" I said "yup" jejeje. Talk about a compliment. 

It's true, I went to Disneyland today. It was so much fun. We can't ride the rides obvi but even without the rides it is worth it. It was seriously the best. How I served in two places with Disneyland I have no clue. When I was in Orlando they were celebrating 50 years and here in Paris they're celebrating 30. It's a big party. 

Okay, that's all. 

Love you guys 🌸 













Popular Posts