The Tail of Two Rats

The weekend started out with me cleaning out the pantry.
I was feeling a little off and when I feel a little off, I usually need sleep, Jesus time, alone time or I need to clean and organize something.


Felt much better after three hours of pantry cleaning.
It had gotten away from me.


This old ziplock was tucked away in the pantry.
Kloe insisted she and Kevin had adventure names for their hike to Red Castle a couple of summer's ago so she wrote their names on their snack packs.
Kevin's was Rampage.
Kloe's was Chugs, I think.
It got me all misty missing Kloe. Yep, it's weird the things that trigger me when it comes to my kids.
Speaking of triggers--the very, very bad kind of triggers.
I was having a very peaceful Saturday morning just minding my own business, doing my gospel study, when I start hearing a weird noise in my kitchen.
At first I couldn't figure out where in the kitchen it was coming from.
I finally tracked it to the wall under the sink.
As I got closer I could hear it scratching and I knew it was some sort of critter, IN MY WALLS.
Later I went out to the garage and the minute I open the door I see a rat run across the floor of the garage.
I screamed.
Janie came running to see if I was ok.
I was not ok.
Then later, I went out to the garage again to show Kevin where I saw the rat and I SEE HIM AGAIN, running his same route.
I sent Kevin to buy traps, and Oreos.
Aubrey and Jax are Rat experts and Aubrey had read New York rats love the Oreos.
Last month, when Jax and Aubrey were trying to get through the newborn baby phase and Jax's knee surgery, they also were invaded by roof rats.
Two days after I got home from helping them I get this message...





Yep, that's just what my rat looks like too.
I say rat with my fingers crossed.
I'm hoping it's just one.
I heard it again yesterday in a different part of the kitchen.
We think it's getting in from this area of the garage, but who knows.
If you know of a good rat exterminator let me know.


How about we end on a much cuter note...


It's unanimous.
We all think Beau became a teenager over night.
He's looking so grown up!


And if you're wondering what Will looks like without poofy hair, here you go...


I would love to know what this one's thinking...


Will likes to sit with the family at dinner so they prop him up in the high chair and he loves it...



 

Popular Posts