Seminary Wrap Up & Restart

From the time I started the Seminary process my "goal" or hope was to teach at Taylorsville High School.
The location is perfect and I've observed a bunch of classes there and I thought it would be great to teach with the kids my kids go to school with.
I was asked this week to continue teaching as a sub--exclusively at Taylorsville.
That couldn't be more perfect for my current schedule with complete flexibility!


I have to say, it's been a little weird not having Seminary lessons constantly swirling around in my head.
I will always be grateful for the semester I spent at Corner Canyon Seminary and I wish I could have introduced you to my kids!
I'm sure there is some sort of, "don't blog about your students" rule.
I will tell you about W though.
W came to Seminary the first day.
He pushed his desk up against the wall and fell asleep.
We didn't see him after that.
I checked with his mom and she said he didn't want to take seminary, but hoped he'd change his mind.
Several weeks later, W walks into my class and showed up almost every day after that.
I was so glad to have him back--as was everyone in the class.
They welcomed him and made sure to help him when he needed it.
On my last day I received two thank you notes and one was from him...


It was fitting, as a Creation Coach, that my last lesson be all about the creation and how to follow God's pattern to create what the kids want in their lives.


I had three main goals as a seminary teacher.
The first was to bring them closer to Christ in every lesson.
The second was that they would know I loved them.
The third was to encourage them to get their partriarchal blessing or to begin thinking about getting one.
Only a few kids had theirs at the beginning of the year.
Based on the kids' reviews of me and how many of them received their blessing or are in the process of receiving it, I did alright.
The second thank you came from one of my Freshman female students.
I wondered if I did enough, and how much of what I was teaching sunk in.
I'm so grateful for her words...


I tried to convey to the new full time teacher who replaced me, how great these kids are.
I gave her my binder with their, "about me" sheets so she could get to know them a little better. I gave her my tips on the best seating arrangement and warned her to stick with a seating chart in 3rd period.
They are in good hands.
I miss them!

Popular Posts