My Last Day

Well, yesterday was my last day teaching seminary.
The tall guy next to me is my principal, Brother Balfe. He was so great to work with and learn from. 
Sister T and Brother H were my trainers. They are master gospel teachers and it's been a privilege to learn from them.


Here's me being real.
I love to teach.
I especially love to teach about Jesus Christ and His gospel.
But the week before the decisions were made, my prayers went something like this, 
"Heavenly Father, this has been a lot for me. I would appreciate it if you worked it out for me to be done. But if not, I'll do what you want me to do."
On New Years Eve I got the email thanking me for my service in the seminary program and letting me know I would not be teaching next semester.
I was relieved.
This semester they needed 31 student teachers. Next semester they only need 17 and my supervisors knew I wanted to go in the direction of teaching mission prep, so it made sense for me to be one of the teachers they let go.
And maybe the fact that they prefer you only miss one day in the semester and I missed 9--might have played into their decision ;).
I'm going to miss those kids. They are pretty great! A full time teacher is replacing me, so they'll be in good hands.

I've thought a lot about what I've learned over this 11 month process and there has been so many blessings. I am such a better teacher for it and bless our Garren for his work as a full time seminary teacher. I had no idea what a challenge our seminary teachers have in teaching our youth.


When I started the seminary process I had no idea I'd be starting a coaching business and creating a 6 month course with 25 lessons. I am so much better at lesson planning and teaching because of the seminary experience. I didn't know about the coaching stuff, but God did and I'm so grateful for the journey he's taken me on--and I'm so grateful it's done :)


I spent much of my Christmas break working on the tech stuff for my course.
Tech stuff is like a foreign language to Becky Beck, so I've had to pray my way through it.
Here's a preview of a few parts of my sales page...






 





I've got some extra time now, so I'm excited to build this course faster!
Day by day, it's coming together.






Popular Posts