Hawaii - Ships & Shave Ice

We watched the movie Pearl Harbor to give the girls Hollywood's interpretation of what happened.
All of it, so upsetting.



The world can be pretty cruel.
I've been thinking about Noah's story.
I wonder if God sometimes wants to send another flood when he sees his people being so horrible to each other.



I am so grateful to live in this country and everyone who has and still does sacrifice to keep it such a wonderful place to be.


We gave the girls a taste of Honolulu beaches and shopping while we were in town.


It took us several days, but we finally crossed
Shave Ice at Matsumoto's
off our list.


It was GOOD!
But I have to admit, there's a place in Kauai I like better--they have mac nut ice cream that beats vanilla, hands down.


I went for the works.
I liked the beans.
The mochi, not so much.


The girls each got a book for the trip in their stocking.
I hounded and hounded Lilly to read it.
She finally humored me.




We made sure to stop at Kona's for breakfast burrito bombers our last day, before canoeing with the turtles.


They are SO GOOD.
Gracie opted for biscuits and gravy, which were also the bomb.



Marci and Rhett and Joe, one of my seminary students, highly recommended paddle boarding and canoeing with the turtles. 
Both said it was their favorite, so we saved it for our last day.



It was SO FUN!






We did see several sea turtles.
You'll have to take my word for it.





And then maybe we couldn't decide whether or not to finish the trip with Shave Ice or Dole Whips.




So we did both!



It was a good call.

Our trip home went MUUUUUCH smoother than the trip there.
So grateful the stars aligned and it all worked out.
"Take the kids to Hawaii" has been on my bucket list for years.
We even had a trip scheduled for Christmas in 2016.
Until our tax bill doubled.
Had to replace the AC and Furnace.
And Beau Bear was due to arrive one week before the trip was scheduled.
So, I've got it half crossed off my list and one day we'll make it happen :)

 

Popular Posts