Quad Inventory - Sister Beck's Weekly Update

 Moiennn :)


One day Sr Cameron and Picard came home with a Christmas tree that they hijacked from the side of the road. They hauled it up 4 flights of stairs to our apartment. We'll do anything for Christmas. 

We had a quad inventory. No worries, it sounds just as terrible as it was. If you're wondering what that is, it's usually between you and your companion and it's a "loving" and "non passive aggressive" way of telling your comp what you can't stand about them. So far my whole mission my comp inventories have looked like this:
"You good?" 
"Yeah I'm good, are you??"
"Yeah" 
Then we go get icecream or something. 
I'm a firm believer in just saying what you need to say when it comes up and moving forward. Having a designated day to hash things out feels weird but that's just me. 
The other sisters called this meeting and it was quite literally one of my least favorite experiences ever. Definitely in the top ten of the most uncomfortable moments of my life.  
The first half we all sat in an awkward silence because they didn't want to say the first thing but once the ball got rolling, there was no stopping it. 

They had a looong LIST of everything that bothered them about Sr Cameron and I. They wanted us to treat the apartment better because the dryer is always full of water and lint but me and Sr Cameron haven't been able to get a turn using the dryer in 3 weeks 🥲 they went on for a while and then asked us what they could do better. We said: uhhh maybe help keep the kitchen clean and remember to be in bed and off the phones at 10:30 ? 

One of the sisters goes: I'm just going to be honest, I'm not doing that. 
☠☠☠
Then we all sang "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" and called it a day... So glad we did that! 

We got transfer news and me and Cameron are staying in Lux which I'm sooo excited about. I wasn't ready to leave Luxembourg. I love it here. The other sisters are changing though. One is staying and getting a missionary straight out of the mtc. She only speaks Portuguese so guess who's learning ANOTHER language 😀🤕

RACLETTE 🧀🍗🍞🥔
I tried raclette this week. Every one is obsessed with it and now I know why. You just get a bunch of food like bread and potatoes and meat and vegetables and you heat them up on a stone grill then melt your cheese and pour the cheese all over the food. ITS SO GOOD. I'll put a pic below. 

Christmas with the Swedes 🇸🇪 
We spent Christmas with a Swedish family in our ward. It was quite the experience. The best word I can use to describe the whole thing is: intense. I don't know what else to say. I had some of the best food of my life and some of the weirdest. The mom was screaming in Swedish the whole time so that was terrifying. They have two teenage boys named Yakob and Johannes. These boys were 13 & 15 and the biggest humans I've ever seen. I think the 13 yr old was 6 foot something and he scarfed everything in sight. We got to the table with our Swedish sodas and he put the whole thing down in 12 seconds. I said "oh wow, bottoms up I guess" and he switched seats with his mom so he didn't have to sit by me ☠☠☠😂😂😂 anyway the 13 yr old is directly behind me in the pic. 

We are teaching this amazing guy named Daniel. He's from Cameroon and he is seriously the best. I asked him to tell me how he's seen God's hand in his life despite his challenges and he proceeded to bare such strong testimony. One of the things he said that I love is: I know my God is a God of Possibilities. Even though I don't have a job or a family, I know God can make that possible for me if I keep moving in faith. 

Like WHAT?? Someone get this man to the general conference pulpit. 

I don't know much French but something I've noticed is that even when I don't understand everything people say, the spirit STILL is able to touch me. I think that's so cool. Truth is truth even when you don't fully understand. 

We taught him the Plan of Salvation and when we told him that he would be able to see his mom again, he stopped and looked over at our member and said: Is this true? I can see her again?
The member said: yes its true.
He turned back to us with teary eyes and asked us to keep going. The spirit was so strong. I will never forget the look on his face when we told him he'll see his mom again. This is a gospel of happy endings. 
I can't imagine the pain I would feel if I thought I'd never get to know my brother. Never get to see my grandpa again. The knowledge we have of the plan of salvation is such a gift. One I think we may take for granted too often.

One of the biggest things that has grown my testimony on my mission is hearing other people bare theirs.

So I would love to hear how the plan of salvation has played a role in your life. How has it blessed you? 
If you're reading this, I'm talking to you! ;) What does it mean to you? 

Well, Tenha uma ótima semana! Eu espero ouvir de você. Eu amo Você!
(Did you get that, Jax?) 

- avec amour , Sr Beck

Pictures : 
- Ratatouille is brought up here way more than you'd think 
- On Christmas Sr Cameron and I moved our mattresses out into the living room to sleep by the tree :)) I LOVE CHRISTMAS. 
- raclette 
- the most moody teenagers 
- our crusty, stolen tree 
- raclette 








Comments

Popular Posts