Pres Oaks and Tour Eiffel - Sister Beck's Weekly Email
¡Hola Hola!
What a WEEK.
Monday night I got suuuuper sick. All of Tuesday I could barely walk or talk. The Willetts were in France for the week so there were no priesthood holders in our vicinity to give me a blessing. They all live 40+ minutes away and most of them are out of town for Christmas. I prayed harder and longer than I ever have. I felt like Enos. Wednesday morning I woke up with a little "sickness hang over" but for the most part I was fine. Took 2 covid tests, both negative. Then by Thursday I was FINE.
I think the Lord was trying to humble me for President Oaks' address to us or something because somehow I went from being the sickest I've ever been to pretty much normal within 48 hours. This is for my brothers & my dad: yes, it was real. It wasn't just in my head. 🙄
On Thursday we woke up at 5 am to take a 3 and a half hour trip to Paris. We got to the chapel around 11 am and President Oaks was supposed to get there around 12. Well, his flight got delayed and he was stuck in Rome for 4 extra hours so we just had to chill for forever. He got there around 6 and as you all know, he is amazing. Spoke straight fire from the pulpit.
President Hansen put us in THE FRONT ROW. I was 15 inches from Pres Oaks bald head. I was so shook. Pic below for proof.
He spoke and I was edified. In summary he talked about how to be a teacher and how too often teachers assume the student knows more than they do.
He talked about popular beliefs vs the truth and what we need to make clear to the people we teach.
He talked about real intent.
He talked about the simplicity and power in the 3rd article of faith ➡️ it describes whole Plan of Salvation.
We need to convert people to the Savior not the church. (He said to be careful with that point heheh)
And one line that he said just in passing but that I will probably make the motto of my whole life:
We should be
Dedicated to Jesus.
Adj. Dedicated:
- Devoted to a cause, ideal, or purpose.
- Set apart for a high and sacred purpose
Like c'monnnn, isn't that awesome?
I am dedicated to Jesus Christ.
I hope you choose to be too.
The conference ended around 8:30 pm. Everyone had to find arrangements for the night since most of us live super far out. We got put with the temple sisters in Versailles.
We didn't get there til 12 am (why we didn't just go straight home cause it took us close to the same amount of time? Couldn't tell ya;) and then we had to wake up at 5 am again to catch our train. 😐
I come from a loooong line of sleep lovers/requirerers and that has been passed onto me, so about 4 1/2 hours of sleep wrecked me. Sr Cameron goes: it's not that you're mean when you're tired, you're just not nice ☠😭😭
I also somehow only ate bread and chocolate for those two entire days. That probably sounds much better than it actually was...
It's a miracle I made it here tbh 😂
BUT I saw the eiffel tower all lit up and sparkly at night and that was special. I also got to walk the temple grounds at night and see the Christmas decorations and the statue of Christ 🥰 it was beautiful. So even though I was sleep deprived and starving, it was all worth it 😊
On Saturday all the YSA got together and made meals for homeless people. It was fun and I was excited to give them out but for some reason the homeless people here are much more aggressive than in the states so it was kind of scary. One guy chased us for a while. Another one got so upset because we tried to give him two meals instead of one and for some reason that was offensive. Another man came up right behind me and started talking in super low growls... I turned around and almost had a heart attack he had just fallen down some stairs and hit his face on his beer can... so there was a lot of... red... everywhere.
We went to a members house for dinner on Sunday and these people are the Americans who have access to an American army base. AND SO THEY HAVE ALL THE HOOKUPS. Last night they spoiled us with honey bunches of oats, CINNAMON LIFE, pancake mix, BROWNIEESS, RANCH, and so much more!! These are all things I haven't seen at all here and if they do have it, it's a weird variation. Also brownies aren't a thing in europe?? How sad is that 😔
We are BLESSED.
I also got the porcelain dinosaur in my piece of pie not to flex or anything 😌
Our boy Aaron got baptised on Saturday and he did so good! He remembered everything that we taught about the Holy Ghost and baptism. It was so sweet.
D'accord, äddi! À la prochaine :)
- sr beck
Pics
- Amazon fraaaaance :) thanks grandma and grandpa 🤍🎄
- So much bread and chocolate and chocolate bread
- Me and my friend President Oaks
- AMERICA 🇺🇲😎
- If you zoom in you'll see my Dino that was in my pie piece. If you want to know what that's about you can ask me, I don't feel like explaining it on here hahaha.

