Cabin Night With Our Youth

For the last three years Kevin's focus has been primarily on these kids!
Last Friday we decided to have one last hurrah at the family cabin before Kevin hands off the torch to the new Bishop.


A few of them we've known since they were babies.


We ate pasta
And chocolate cake
The kids played cards and ping pong
And of course a few rounds of BINGO!






Then Kevin gave his farewell speech.
Just kidding.
 

He did share with them the one thing he wanted them to remember.
That the Lord loves them for exactly who they are and where they are.
The Lord's love for them will never change, no matter what they do or don't do.




They all headed home before 9pm
I stayed the night all by myself.
It was great and frustrating.
I wanted several hours of uninterrupted time to write.
I've been creating, little by little, my 6 month Drop the Cactus Course every morning before the fam gets up. It's over half way finished and I was excited to have more time to write. 
But alas, I had my first big case of writers block Saturday.
So frustrating! But I think the fog is lifting, so I'll carry on.


Popular Posts