A New Discovery

A few highlights from my birthday/Christmas week.


The girls and I made a new discovery.
Eggnog is better heated than it is cold.
We may even like it better than hot chocolate.
In one of our experiments we added white chocolate with peppermint.
You may want to try that.


With a break from Seminary I was able to spend Tuesday and Wednesday morning in the temple.
Love me some heaven on earth.
Still don't know if I'm getting hired, fired or if I'll keep student teaching.
I should find out any day.


And speaking of heaven on earth.
Love this little Will Bear.


I spent some time reading about my Great Grandpa and Grandma Child's service as Mission Presidents.
Kloe did not know she had Mission Presidents in her family.
Her mind was blown.

My great grandparents were ambassadors for Jesus Christ.
Grandpa Child was President Thomas S Monson's Bishop and Stake President.
He helped create the church's amazing welfare program, among other things.
They lived right across the street from my dad when he was growing up--which was such a blessing when his dad died. Grandma Emmy still had 6 children at home when Grandpa Sollie passed away.


We took the girls to the new Spidy movie.
Remember when Janie loved Spiderman?
Those were the good old days.
She still loves a good Spidy movie.
We all liked it.
Although we wished we would have watched the old movies first so we could understand all the funny references.


We visited with Grandma Meldrum and Bailey.
The girls gave her a little Christmas concert.
Lilly played one of her original pieces on the piano.
Gracie played Oh Holy Night on the violin and Janie whipped out God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman--a Christmas song I didn't even know she could play.
Last year she got a keyboard for Christmas and she uses that thing every day.
Best gift we ever gave her.


Back to Will who is now 2 months old!



And a big thanks to Marci and Rhett who surprised me with Rhett's homemade cinnamon rolls to celebrate my 50 years of living (and me and Marci's 40 years of friendship).


 

Comments

Popular Posts