God is Good

The Becks had a big weekend.
Especially Bishop Beck.
He was told a few weeks ago that we would be getting a new Stake Presidency during our November 7th stake conference. He was asked to prepare by praying about and submit three names for the new presidency during an interview on November 6th.
He had his interview Saturday morning.
Saturday afternoon he got a call from the Stake asking him to come back to meet with the visiting General Authorities, Elder Schmutz and Elder Cutler.
He hung up the phone, asked Janie to leave him alone for a minute, and then broke down.
He knew the call meant he would be called to the Stake Presidency, which meant he would be released as Bishop. He has loved being our Bishop so much.
Janie saw him emotional and so she left him a little love note...


Kevin called me to say Elder Schmutz and Elder Cutler wanted to meet with both of us.
I finished my Creation Coach Certification last month and was downtown at an all-day graduation event.  I raced home for the meeting. The leaders met with me first. Asked me about the kind of husband and father Kevin is. Asked me about his personal gospel study habits. Asked me if I could support him in a Stake calling. 
We had a good talk.
They invited Kevin back in and called him to be the 2nd counselor in our Stake Presidency.
He accepted and then I left my very emotional husband to go to his leadership meeting and I headed back downtown.
As I sat in the meeting, I had the impression that the timing is right for this change and that Kevin's talents and spiritual gifts will be a blessing to our Stake.
And he can still be Bishop until they call a new one.

I joined him for the Stake Saturday night adult session of the conference. President Torres and his wife spoke (they are mission presidents for one of the Salt Lake Missions). We knew President Torres as Senior Torres when he taught Kloe and Gracie in elementary school.  He was their Spanish teacher. Such a good teacher and he really loved the kids. He was so excited to hear that Kloe gets to serve a Spanish speaking mission.


Grandpa Moon got to see Kevin called and hear his testimony. 
He bore a beautiful testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel.


And the missionary was in on it too!


 As I sat through our Stake Conference I was reminded of a feeling I had a few years before we moved here. I was driving in Taylorsville to see a friend and I had the strong thought come to my mind, "You're going to live here one day". 
I am so grateful God brought us to Taylorsville a few years later and for all the wonderful people who have blessed our lives and for opportunities to serve them and to see an amazing temple built right in our neighborhood.
God is good.

Popular Posts