A Surprising Twist - Sister Beck's Weekly Update
Hello!
I hope you all are doing well :)
I don't have too much to report on this week but here's what I do have:
I gave a talk on the Book of Mormon yesterday in the YSA ward and guess what everyone. The branch president (the one who has been such a ween) got up after I spoke and said this WORD FOR WORD:
Can I just say Sister Beck that was one of the most powerful talks on the Book of Mormon I have ever heard. You have grown so much since I first met your MOUSEY greenie self and you are doing amazing things.
He said that to the whole ysa ☠☠ Even though I'm offended by the "mousey" part because I would NOT describe myself as that 😂 i felt so honored that I finally gained some respect!!! So that was a surprising twist to my Sunday. Another twist was we lost our investigator at church. He came and sat with a member while we were up on the stand and he just disappeared. No one knew where he went, we were searching the church for like 20 minutes. Turns out he got up to "go to the bathroom" and walked home 😂 we asked him why and he said ~the vibes were off~ so that was absolutely devastating.
Sister Bascom's husband creates and works on video games for his job. He's with Madden right now but I found out on Friday that he worked on the DS game Littlest Pet Shop!!! That was 10 year old me's faaaaaavvvorite game. When she told me, I freaked out. Should I get his autograph?
Anyway, she took us up to their game room and you would've flipped out, it was filled with first editions and brand new game consoles and the original video games to all the different companies like Nintendo, Wii, Xbox, PS whatever. It was so cool. They have a massive screen that he plays on too. She said when I get home that I can come back to her house and try them out. There are many perks to this mission thing ;)
I'm not even a huge "gamer" but that room was sick.
We had a Trunk or Treat on Saturday and we decorated our car to be a ghost and handed out some chocolate and some candy canes and despite what I know you're all thinking, the candy canes were the biggest hit! Do I know what the kids want or do I know what they want 😏
Also if you zoom in on our bowl you'll see it's a christmas bowl 😂 I can't help myself.
This week was a stinker for lessons. Pretty much everyone cancelled :/ but it was a holiday week so I'm gonna say that's why.
Great news though, it got down to 73 last week. Fall is here. People have on winter coats.
Bad news: it's back up to the 80's this week.
Almost had em. Maybe December will be the month.
Alright, hope you have a fantastic week. Je t'aime.
- Hermana Beck
Pics -
Painting pumpkins
Churros
Pretty skies
Ghost car
Water color painting
Sister English and crew










