All Consumed

My weekend was THE BEST!
Although I have very few photos to show for it.


Friday I went to Logan for an appointment and I was able to have lunch with one of my good friends Melanie who I met in Dorm 2 at Ricks college.
Thanks to my kids going to Utah State, Melanie and I were able to reconnect years ago.  I have an extra special place in my heart for her as she helped Emmy get her accounting job with the college of Ecology--which helped her get her accounting job with the Utah Jazz, which she loves!


Melanie is one of the strongest Mamas I know.
Her son was killed in a tragic accident a few years ago while he was on his mission in the Dominican Republic.  She has handled the loss with grace and complete faith in her Savior.
Shortly before her son left on his mission they bought a major fixer upper.  The only original part of the house is one wall.  She said the project has been a saving grace for her and her husband. They have done an incredible job with all the renovations.

The rest of the weekend was pretty slow, for me anyway.
Lesson planning.
Life planning.
Time in the temple.
The new James Bond movie with Kevin (we gave it 3 stars).
I even got a nap.
The husband, however, was all consumed with Ward Conference details.
He gave a beautiful talk about making the sacrifice and effort to be worthy to have the blessings of the temple.
About 18 more months and our temple will be finished!
 

Popular Posts