Work For Our Good
I kicked off my weekend Thursday (in my head, the weekend always starts on Thursdays) with a lunch date with my friend Cathi.
I met Cathi in the 5th grade. She moved into my ward while her Dad wrote a book for the church and then she moved back to Canada.
We wrote letters over the years, since there were no cell phones and calling Canada was a fortune.
We connected again at Rick's College and then she moved into my friend Shelley's ward so we reconnected again several years ago.
Cathi and I have a lot in common.
We both have many children with similar ages and we are both grandmas.
We both love Jesus and I have her to thank for introducing me to Brooke Snow and her Creation Coach School.
We both certify in November.
Saturday afternoon we were able to see our nephew Jett get sealed to his very cute wife Ashton.
Janie had an eye exam so we missed the group pic.
And Sunday all the Utahn's gathered for a meal and baby lovin's.
Notice, Janie Rose is not wearing her glasses because the eye doctor promoted her to contacts!
Just in time for her soccer career to take off.
We wrapped up the weekend with a Sollis FHE.
Jax gave the lesson about how our trials can work for our good.
I'm working on a seminary lesson about that and as I've been thinking back over the hard stuff in my life I realized that, even though at times things were pretty rough, God was always brewing a blessing. I just had to be patient, keep my faith centered in Christ, and trust Him.
IT'S BIRTHDAY WEEK!!
Next week too!
Thursday Gracie is up.
Then Saturday Janie Rose.
We'll celebrate Kloe virtually on Monday AND IT'S HER GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!
Kevin next Friday and Logan a few days later!


