Sunday Beckventure

After church we decided to take a little Beckventure downtown to see the progress on the Salt Lake Temple.
Gracie turned on the Forgotten Carols and we sang our little hearts out all the way there.


I had Gracie ask Siri for directions because I wanted to go via I-215 and I wasn't sure exactly which exits to take.
Siri took us the long way and we ended up driving right by Papa Tom's High School!
Of course we had to stop so the girls could get a closer look.


Papa Tom was pretty much famous here.
He was the Student Body President way back in the day.



I noticed the street number posted by the front doors and told the girls how cool it was that our first house had those exact same numbers!


Gracie also noticed the numbers, but she remembered the numbers being the same as hymn number 241, Count Your Many Blessings.
That was one of "his songs".
He sang it when he was at his sickest with Cancer.
He could always find blessings to count.
We all think of my dad when we sing that song.


Thanks Siri for that perfect detour.


Next stop: Temple Square
We get out of the car and Gracie immediately notices all the cute little acorns on the ground.
Two weeks ago I talked to my seminary kids about acorns and how one tiny acorn has all the DNA to become a mighty oak tree--just like each of us has all the DNA from our heavenly parents to become just like our Father in Heaven.


So we gathered up enough for each of my students.



Lilly brought Frank along.
Her bestie gave him to her Friday and she thinks he's the greatest.


We stopped to talk to these cute sister missionaries.
Is it weird that I just want to hug all the sister missionaries?!
There are a bunch of them on Temple Square.
They both spoke Spanish so I asked them to talk to my Spanish speakers, who refuse to speak Spanish in front of their mother.
Ha!  They didn't want to be rude so they talked back in Spanish.
Loved it.


We went inside the chapel where I had my seminary graduation 100 years ago.


We also got in on the tail end of an organ recital.
AMAZING!
I have to think there will be an organ or two playing when Jesus comes.

 

Popular Posts