We Both Saw it Coming

It's been a busy week!
Teaching was as great as I hoped it would be.
A few things I want to remember about the week...
Singing The Star Spangled Banner in 3rd period & Jesus Take the Wheel in 4th (the kids chose the opening songs).
Introducing some of the kids to their friend Jesus (I get a sense that some of them don't know Him).
Playing speed "neighboring" (you know, like speed dating). And hearing the doorbell ring when it was time for them to move.  Then playing Know Your Neighbor BINGO with fruit loops for bingo markers.
"A" telling me she loved when I taught her class last year and was so excited for me to be her teacher (insert a tear right here).
Being thankful for the wind--for the first time in my life (me and the wind have never been friends).  I sweat so much in one class that I wished I'd brought a new shirt to change into.  Went outside and walked into the wind for 5 minutes between classes and problem solved! TMI?
The kids clapping for every single member of the class when I read their name for roll call--one of the kids suggested it and who doesn't love a good clap?
One student taught a spontaneous mini lesson on "Draw near unto me (Jesus) and I (Jesus) will draw dear unto you".
These kids are the best!


On the days I wasn't teaching, we went to Education Week.
Lots of great classes.
By last night I was all learned out.


One of my favorite speakers was Elder Uchtdorf.

His 5 messages every child of God needs to hear were…

1-Move toward the light
Our access to that light depends upon our position direction and speed.
2-You are better than you think you are. 
Persistence and hard work will push through self doubt. 
3-Learn to love God and your neighbor. Love God. Love your neighbor.  It is the center of the gospel. This is where we should put our focus. Jesus is the center, he is the tree. 
How can we be happier?  How can we better magnify our callings? Love god, love your neighbor.
4-Conflict is inevitable, contention is a choice.  Conflicts come in a variety of shapes and sizes.  Wouldn’t life be so pleasant if we had no opposition? What was Christ’s response to so much opposition? He sometimes said nothing, sometimes he quietly confidently spoke.  He stood in his place and held firm to his father.   Harmful emotions almost always accompany contention…anger, frustration, jealousy etc.  we cannot adjust the volume on others bitterness rath and rage.   Jesus taught that Satan is the father of contention.  When god speaks it is not likely to be a voice of thunder, a still voice that pierces the very soul.  We do not shame others.  We can love them and invite all to come and belong. 
5- Our Heavenly Father is a God of new beginnings. 


And then there was that time when we were both in the same class and didn't know it...


Let me first say, before you see the next pictures, that we are both fine.


Just as we were getting on the freeway Wednesday afternoon on our way to Provo, a square black metal plate came loose from under a dump truck ahead of us.  It bounced on the freeway a couple of times and then popped up and hit our windshield.


We both saw it coming.
I shut my eyes.
Kevin kept his eyes on the road.




Aside from the busted windshield, a few tiny cuts was the only damage.


We swapped the truck for the bus and still made it to our class about The Chosen on time!

 

By the time we finished our classes last night, my brain was fried and I've got pages and pages of notes to show for it.

Popular Posts