Hola!


The past two weeks I have felt really really happy and its more than what I originally thought "happy" was. I've noticed how much I just love Florida and Lake Mary and missionary work and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful every day for making this decision to serve a mission. I've seen more, learned more, done more in the past few months than in my whole life. I've learned to trust myself but more importantly to trust God. I've learned that I like me so much more when I'm with Jesus. I'll be sitting in church or in a lesson and I'll just take a second and take it all in. I want to cherish every moment that I'm out here wearing the Lord's name on my chest. It took me a while but I really do feel at home here. 

For our work outs in the morning we usually stay inside because we care about ourselves but on Saturday we were feeling a little too confident so we decided to run outside. 
It was terrible. Everyone told me when I got here "just wait, the humidity isn't even bad yet" and they were not kidding. I noticed that when I first got here my lungs always felt like I just got done running a marathon because of the humidity but then I got used to it.
Well it's back. And what's scary is they're still telling me it's going to get worse, so personally, I don't know why anyone lives here. 
Anyway we "ran" and it was... humbling to say the least. I could maybe go a full 30 seconds of running before lights started going out and my legs would just buckle. We'll be staying inside until further notice. 

We had a pass off lesson with the zone leaders and a guy named Jon. It was so fun, we grilled some burgers and had a really good talk. I love learning about people's lives and hearing their stories. I don't know if I've said this before but people seem to be really shaken up when sisters make a joke/are funny. Jon was kind of closed off and only talked to the elders until I made a joke and all of a sudden we were besties after that. It happens a LOT.

A lot of things happened this week but I was stressed about transfers so I don't remember a lot of it. Here's a short list: 
- I'm learning the piano like for real for real
- Sister Belnap can catch flies (in her HANDS) in our house like there's no tomorrow 
- According to my district, I'm pistachio icecream. Does anyone even like pistachio icecream?? Their reasoning was that I'm "naturey" and "unique" which you had to hear the tone in unique. The way they said it could've been replaced with "insane".
- We won first place in the Lake Mary Zone Olympics for the most new people at sacrament 😎

Now that I made you read my whole email I can tell you what the sitch is for transfers!!
I'm staying here in Lake Emma with Belnap :) I'm very happy about it, having a YSA and a Family Ward is a lot of fun. I wasn't ready to leave. 

Adios, 
Hermana Beck

Pictas - 
- Me everytime someone asks me to speak my languages 
- Me and a windex bottle ... 
- Pretty skies 
- Us leaving our favorite Philippino lady's house with just a TON of food :,)
- The cutest picture that my eyes have ever seen of my sister and her baby 
- Rain
- Our prize.











Popular Posts