Alan Rocked It!
Is this not the cutest picture of the dad and his daughter!
Saturday night we took Gracie out for her 2020 plan B Christmas present.
Santa brought her Thomas Rhett tickets, but Thomas Rhett cancelled his concert, so Alan Jackson was our man and let me tell you, he did not disappoint!!
And can we just talk about how great it was that Gracie picked her parents to go with her.
She could have taken anyone :)
I found those boots on clearance at Walmart several years ago.
Once every couple of years Gracie or I get a chance to wear them.
Look who came all the way from Idaho to see Alan!
Izzy is a country girl too.
I can thank my Grandpa Moon, my bestie Shelley, and my Kevin for introducing me to country music.
Grandpa always had a very fancy stereo in the living room with country music playing all day (I mostly remember his country Christmas music). Shelley (my college roommate) introduced me to George Strait, Alan Jackson, Kenny Rogers and a bunch of others.
Kevin found his love for Garth on his mission.
Did you know? Garth is from Oklahoma.
Kevin saw the actual home Garth grew up in and he came home with some Garth apparel.
The night Kev got home from his mission he turned on Garth's "The Dance" and he danced with me in that hot Garth get-up. From that night on, I was hooked.
On Garth, and Kevin.
Alan had Cory Farley open for him.
He sang a mix of popular 90's country.
So good!
And, thanks to her dad, Gracie has a DEEP appreciation for all the 90's country.
Alan rocked it.
Maisie and I watched an Alan Jackson documentary a couple nights before to prepare (actually Maisie sleep watched). Such a good guy.
My Uncle Alex works for the arena and sent me these pics!
Alex got to be up close and personal with Al.
Lucky.
Love me a good concert.
I don't go to nearly enough.
On the way home Gracie told us she knew which song Kev and I first danced to.
I couldn't remember, so I knew she wouldn't know.
Then she told me I wrote about it in my journal.
I'd forgotten I reluctantly agreed to let her read my high school journal.
The song was You Got it All by The Jets
Gracie had downloaded it to her Spotify and played it for us.
It brought back all the memories.
I really struggled to get over the boyfriend I had before Kevin. He was a nice guy, but I knew we weren't a good fit and Kevin came along and did just what the song says, "(He) got me over him...".
He was a keeper.

