Changes with the Tow Yard

I don't think our summer could have gone by any faster!
Lots of fun with cousins--Lagoon and Raging Waters.
Family camps.
Scout camps.
Evicted renters.
Lots of yard work.
Worked with my dad--painting and installing can lights.
Fireworks and Rook with the Becks.
The Birds and Bees talk with Jax--we were all glad to get that behind us and I was VERY grateful Kevin did most of the talking.
Just as we got the kids settled back into school and I focused my attention back on finishing the updates to the house, our business had some major changes.
It became necessary for Kevin to separate from his business partner, which made it necessary for me to go into the office every day so Kevin could tow.


I took Kloe and Gracie with me.
By "office" I mean an old trailer with no water or indoor plumbing.
You would think that would be rough with a 5 and 2 year old, but with a case of wipies and water bottles, a porta potty and Gracie still in diapers, we worked it out.
Here's the crazy thing--the girls LOVE it.  They pretend for hours, playing "office" and "house".  Making crafts, watching movies and playing Nintendo 64.


They love spending time together.


And they love being able to see their Daddy between tows.


The most exciting day was when a car caught fire in one of the yards.



We had a lot to figure out with the separation.
Lots of book keeping to catch up on and past due tax returns to file.
I had a crash course in Quickbooks and in between customers and on nights and weekends I work on the books.


Kevin needed to change the names of the towing companies and create an additional company for the real estate part of it.
Harman's Towing was changed to Beck's Towing
Traxx Towing became Papa Tom's Towing
When we were trying to come up with a logo for Beck's Towing, Dakota created a pretty cool one.




Despite the chaos of September, we still had Gracie, Kloe and Kevin's birthdays to celebrate!




Managing the kids and house, going into the office every day plus all the extra book keeping is overwhelming, but Kevin and I are figuring it out.
One day I had this peaceful feeling come over me with the thought, "this is all just temporary".
I'm hanging on to that, and praying my way through each day.


And I'm so grateful I can still spend all day every day with these two.

Popular Posts