Hawaii

Kevin's parent's spoiled us and took us to Hawaii!
We stayed on the island of Kauai in a beach house near the beautiful poipu beach.Hawaii in December is pretty magical.
Didn't miss the snow and cold, not even a little.


The trip was absolutely perfect and I don't know if Kevin's parents will ever know how much we appreciated it.  After years of almost losing the business, a hectic move to a house that needed tons of work, and then all the stress that came with separating from Kevin's business partner, a week in Hawaii was just what we needed and we loved every minute!


Kev and I walked the beach most mornings.
Kev attempted to surf. Very entertaining.
Lots of boogie-boarding.
Some snorkeling.
I read a couple of books.
Ice cream at Lamberts-twice because once is never enough.
Listening to the waves and watching the ocean is definitely in my top five of favorite things to do.


I came down with some random weird flu bug that wiped me out for a couple of days, I missed the grand canyon but managed to power through laying in bed, smelling the ocean and reading a book until I felt better.
There are worse places to be sick.


Kevin, Steve and Dave golfed (not wearing lava lava's) while Tami, Linda and I went "crap under a tent" shopping.
Every part of the trip was so much fun!


I had never been to Hawaii before, but Kevin went when he was little.
They recreated this picture...



Dave and Linda celebrated their 37th wedding anniversary while we were there.



Dave introduced us to one of the most heavenly treats on the planet...


Shave ice with macadamia ice cream.
So good!


I highly recommend wrapping up your year in Hawaii.
I can't wait to go back.


I got the Christmas letters mailed right before we left.
If you're wondering, our letters are mostly true.
You take the good, you take the bad, you take it all and there you have it.

Popular Posts