The Rest of the Cabin Week

For the first time in the 40+ years we've had the cabin there was a bear sighting right outside the cabin, a few feet from my nieces.


So I made sure I had Kevin's bear spray handy when I went for my 4 mile morning hikes.
Actually, maybe it's not really a hike when you are walking on the road--but there was lots of uphill and lots of downhill.


I wonder if my Grandma Emmy had even a glimpse of how many of her posterity would enjoy this place.



I convinced the busy teenager to join us for two nights.
She wore Papa Tom's sweatshirt.


We had two big down pours.


They couldn't help themselves.
Couldn't pass up a chance to dance in the rain.


Ice cream and grilled cheese at the Heber Valley Milk and Cheese store.


I can't believe I've driven past this place for all these years and didn't go inside until almost two years ago.




Janie asked if she could do my hair our last night there.
I'd worn it naturally curly that day so I knew what was coming...



Our Summer cabin trips are the best.
I'm always sad to leave.


The end of Summer is quickly approaching and I can't stand it.

Comments

Popular Posts