The Grand Adventure

We haven't had great luck with vehicles since our van was repo'd a couple years ago.
We loved "Woody" our Grand Wagoneer.
Sadly, it did not last long.
We've been driving an ancient mini-van and I'm afraid to leave the neighborhood.
It's like driving the Flinstone's car.
Kevin looked and looked for a Suburban with no luck but he did find us a Toyota Land Cruiser on eBay.
Yep, we bought a car on eBay and had to go to Florida to pick it up.
NBD.


We had skymiles, some free hotel vouchers and an itchin' for adventure, so off we went.


This nice guy sold us the Cruiser.
He assured us we'd have no problem driving it cross country.


We arrived on a Thursday and mapped out a plan to be home by Sunday night.
If you're wondering, that is a whole lot of driving.


We saw a few sights, including the Brave's stadium
Kevin assured me we would miss tornado season.
He was wrong.
I've never seen such a scary storm, and we drove right through it.


We made a slight detour for some Bacon Cheese Fries at Eskimo Joe's in Oklahoma.


Made time for a walk around the beautiful Oklahoma State campus.


I printed a bunch of maps and for the most part we stayed on schedule, but it was brutal.
I told Kevin I'd help drive.
I didn't help drive.
I really did have good intentions.
And I kinda drove him nuts trying to read him the maps.


We had high hopes for some hot tubbing at the hotels.
No time.


Worked in more cheese fries.


Other than a belt needing replacing with the A/C, the trip went without a hitch and we are still friends!
The kids spent the weekend with Aunt Kimmy and they had so much fun!


We really like the car!
It seats 8, so there's room for one more ;)

Comments

Popular Posts