Prayers for Emmy and Baby Girl
Our girl Emmy has had some high blood pressure her second half of pregnancy.
A couple of weeks ago it reached levels that put her at risk for pre-eclampsia, so her midwife referred her to Maternal Fetal Medicine.
A week ago Monday was her first appointment.
She was told to monitor her blood pressure at home and go into the hospital for stress tests every 72 hours.
If her blood pressure ever measured in the danger zone she was instructed to go to the hospital.
They made a new plan to deliver baby girl at 37 weeks.
(The first plan was to deliver at 39 weeks since Emmy had Covid while she was pregnant.)
Yesterday morning her blood pressure read 170/100 then 168/118 and here they are.
Admitted to the hospital and as far as we can tell they aren't sending her home.
The third plan is to try and keep her blood pressure stable and deliver at 34 weeks.
Today, she's 31 weeks and 4 days.
Since yesterday was p-day she and Kloe were able to facetime.
Kloe was a little taken back to see her sister in the hospital.
There are still restrictions in place for visitors.
Em can have two visitors and they have to be the same two visitors her entire hospital stay.
Of course Garren is #1.
She wanted a blessing from Garren and her Dad, so Kevin was going to be #2.
I could not just sit home, so I sat in the car in the parking lot while Kevin went in.
About that time Kloe calls us and if I look concerned I totally was!
Poor Em looked rough.
They'd just given her magnesium to protect her brain and heart.
The risk for Mama with the high blood pressure is a stroke or heart attack.
The magnesium gives you some pretty good hot-flashes for a bit.
Kevin gave Emmy a beautiful blessing and guess what?
They let me in (insert me crying).
Kevin could count as clergy and Mama Becky became visitor #2.
I spent about an hour and a half with them.
I may have mentioned.
These two chose a name a few months ago and have been keeping it a secret until baby girl is born.
Except they did tell Kloe, right before she left.
They decided with all the prayers being offered it would be good to pray for her by name.
Here they are telling Garren's parents.
They loved it.
I love it!
It is the sweetest name!
I can't wait to meet her--except that I can wait if we can keep her in a little longer.
They started Emmy on steriod shots for her lungs yesterday.
So grateful for modern medicine.
Overall my girl is in good spirits and she's got her Garren who's taking great care of her.
We were talking last night about how there are times when you have no other option than to just give it all to God. We can do that.
PS - The first batch of baby shower invites went out Saturday.
It was planned for June 26th.
We are holding off sending out the rest.
We aren't sure what will be happening with that.
We'll keep you posted.

