Emmy’s Eight

Our Emmy turned 8 in June and was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in July.  The thing she wanted most for her birthday was a white dress for her baptism day.


Natalie and her three girls were visiting from Washington, so they were able to join us.
We let our kids decide who they'd like to baptize and confirm them.
Emmy asked her Papa Dave to baptize and her dad to confirm her.


We celebrated with Kevin's family afterward at the Spaghetti Factory and we had a family dinner with my family at our house after the confirmation the next day.
It was a couple days of all about Emmy and she loved every minute.


If you're wondering, at the baptism (July 2nd) I was 6 months pregnant with a baby GIRL!!
We kinda assumed it would be a boy since we've got a pattern going, but the more girls the merrier!


We had lots of family time all summer long.
Tricia's family came for two weeks, so we worked in some cabin time with them.
Em lost a lot of teeth.


And if you didn't already know, it takes very little to entertain my little people.



Remember Woody?
That's him behind the girls.



And just like that, summer was done.


I had Kevin take Dakota to his first day of Kindergarten.
I couldn't do it.
My pregnant hormones are raging and I was afraid of doing the ugly cry in front of his entire Kindergarten class.
Five year olds are just so cute.  Dakota, Jackson and Emmy went camping with my parents in Springville last weekend.  Uncle Bobby, Kloe and I went down for just a few hours to pick up Jackson so he could go to football practice. Before we left, as I hugged Dakota goodbye he says, "I was kinda hoping to roast marshmallows with you tonight".  If that didn't break my heart :(.  Had I not been 8 months pregnant, I would have camped with them.


Our newest 3rd grader!


The 5th grader!

With the kids back in school I'm focusing on getting ready for baby.
I'm also having a hard time adjusting to my non-Homemade Gourmet life.  Thirty directors lost their positions last month and I was one of them. I'm angry and sad about all of it, and trying not to eat too many of my feelings.
I am very excited for baby girl and it's been fun to go through and wash all the cute little newborn clothes.  Kloe was born the same time of year as this baby so all her clothes will fit.
 I had a dream the other night that I had her and she had lots of beautiful dark hair.

Comments

Popular Posts